Lubrication question on a CK30HST?

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #1  

Steverino

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST FEL & BH
Lubrication question on a CK30HST?

The grease fitting on the central pivot point of the front axel does not appear to accept grease. I use an air powered gun and on most grease locations you can see the excess grease come out. Here it does not seem to ooze out of anyplace and I get the feeling that it does not accept any. Also the two fitting in front of this one seem to act in a similar fashion. Any suggestions would be welcome!

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #2  
Try lifting up the front of the tractor with the loader (if you have one). Then put in the grease. Some times that will help.

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #3  
Sometimes the fitting needs to be taken off and cleaned. If that's not the problem, I've occasionally had to heat the casting up with the old propane torch to liquefy the old grease. Then it accepts the new grease fine. Just watch out if there's any rubber or plastic nearby.

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #4  
I think it might be already full of grease and not made to come out anywhere. Especially when you use an air grease gun it is easy to fill it immediately. I think.

Mike

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST?
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #6  
mrutkaus said:
I think it might be already full of grease and not made to come out anywhere. Especially when you use an air grease gun it is easy to fill it immediately. I think.

Mike

Old thread, but is this the answer guys?

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #7  
I just greased my CK30hst last night. Same problem with that fitting. Lifting up the front didn't help. I took the fitting out and it was fine. Looked in the little hole and cleaned it out with a small wire. It was full, so no more room for more grease.

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #8  
i had the same problem yesterday, as i recall it has accepted grease before but won't now.
should you just assume that its full?

/ Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #9  
rcrcomputing said:
Old thread, but is this the answer guys?

Once you've checked the grease fitting to be sure it's not plugged....Lift the front wheels off the ground. Rotate the front axle up and down. As you rotate the axle force grease in. The front pivot point won't take much grease(at least mine didn't). To my knowledge, there is no direct passage way for grease to flow. The next day I checked the pivot point and grease had worked it's way through and oozed out(from the pressure that had built up).

Make sense?

Don

Last edited:
   / Lubrication question on a CK30HST? #10  
I just did 50 HR service today. Same thing. I pumped the greas gun about 1-1/2 times and it stopped. I figured it was full.