LB1914 Loader lift Capacity question.

/ LB1914 Loader lift Capacity question. #1  

frankc

Bronze Member
Tractor
B9200HST, G6200H, B7800 & L3450GST
Wondering if anyone knows the lift capacity spec's for the 1210 loader on a 2004 LB1914??
I have always thought that my loader was not quite as strong as I thought it should be, but never had anything that I knew exactly how much it weighted to lift and test it. But, I have a Jinma Model 6 Chipper that according to spec's weights right at 800lbs and it won't lift it off the ground. The relief valve squells and the chipper just sits there!
For the weight of this tractor, I really expected it to be able to handle lifting 800-900lbs!
Is my relief vavle set to low?? How's everyone else feel about their loader lifting capacity with this size tractor CK-20's should be about the same right???
Thanks in advance!!

/ LB1914 Loader lift Capacity question. #2  
frankc said:
For the weight of this tractor, I really expected it to be able to handle lifting 800-900lbs!
First off you should realize that the weight of the tractor has nothing to do with lift capacity and there are many examples of lighter tractors with greater lift capacity than heavier tractors.

An 800# lift is quite a bit for a little tractor! You are probably expecting too much.

According to the Kioti website, the model 1210 loader has a capacity of 850# at the pivot point. Reduce that by about 30% and that will give you a good estimate of the actual/useable capacity at 500mm/19.5" in front of the pivot points, which is where the load actually sits if you put something inside the bucket.

So 850# is really more like 595# inside the bucket and it further diminishes as you move farther forward of the pivot pins.

Given the size of the tractor, that is not an unreasonable amout to lift.

As you asked about the CK20/120 loader in comparision, it does have more capacity. It has a listed capacity of 1074# at the pivot pins. To put it into perspective with some other similar size tractors, the New Holland TC21D is rated at 1090# at the pivot pins, the Kubota B7610 is rated at 925# at the pivot pins. Your tractor is rated at 850# at the same point. All brands would be reduced about 30% if measured at the 500mm/19.5" point in front of the pivot points.

Lots of folks are confused about tractor specs, loader specs are often measured at different points and that leads to more confusion. But your loader is probably not malfunctioning, and the relief valve is probably not the problem. I suspect you are simply trying to lift more than you think you should be able to lift, but that is, in fact, more than you can lift.

Last edited:
   / LB1914 Loader lift Capacity question.
Thanks for the Reply bob!
I do realize the weight of the tractor has nothing specifically to do with the loader capacity! My statement was meant to infer that you wouldn't want to put MORE power into the loader on a lighter tractor for fears that it would be able to cause an imbalance or unsafe situation!
Thanks for the spec's on those machines, that does help put into perspective competetive models.
But, given that this tractor is easily as sound and stout as some of it's like sized competitors, I wish they spec'd a loader that could lift 800lbs. in the bucket!

/ LB1914 Loader lift Capacity question. #4  
frankc said:
I do realize the weight of the tractor has nothing specifically to do with the loader capacity! My statement was meant to infer that you wouldn't want to put MORE power into the loader on a lighter tractor for fears that it would be able to cause an imbalance or unsafe situation!
It is a common misperception that a heavier tractor is automatically more stable during lifting, this is simply not true. BALANCE is the key to SAFE lifting, that is where a properly ballasted tractor comes into play. For example I think the TC21 weighs roughly 300 pounds less than the CK20 but has about 15# more lift capacity, however both require heavy ballast to fully utilize their loader's capacity.

frankc said:
Thanks for the spec's on those machines, that does help put into perspective competetive models.
But, given that this tractor is easily as sound and stout as some of it's like sized competitors, I wish they spec'd a loader that could lift 800lbs. in the bucket!
Both the TC21 and the CK20 are 'rated' at over 1000# at the pivot point, but when you correct for the fact that the load is actually carried inside the bucket you will see that both of those loaders have a "real" capacity that is roughly 750#. That is still a good margin better than your loader's "real" capacity of about 595#. However, neither of those loaders is going to easily manage an 800# load.

* realize that the actual capacity is based on lots of different factors and the numbers I calculate are reasonable based on an evenly spread load with the weight centered exactly at 19.5"/500mm forward of the pivot points, which is not likely to happen too often in the real world.