so....hydraulic hook ups?

/ so....hydraulic hook ups? #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
thinking of putting back hoe on and future...

what are benefits/costs of the 2 hydraulic coupler thing at the back vs. the 4 hydraulic thing?

pardon the technical language.

mike

/ so....hydraulic hook ups? #2  
First off, don't spend the money for the hose kit which will power the BH. You have to crawl under the tractor to turn the valve each time. If set to power the BH, your 3pt won't work and if hst drive, it won't move very well until reset. It's about half the cost, $175 for the kit, but just gives you one way hydraulic fluid power without any control; no control lever.

The first remote is all you need to power the BH. Cost $275 for the kit. You'll have a control lever so you can connect any type of hydraulic item, log splitter, tilt cylinders for the 3pt, or anything else you want. One position of the valve has a detent which you would use for the BH to give it constant flow. Otherwise you can control the out flow to either fitting.

The second remote is primarily the same but one position has a float function like a FL if you have one. Second valve cost $375 for the kit. If you need to control two things at once, put on both valves. Otherwise, the first valve is all you need. If later, you decide you need both remotes, the second can be added on. Other than the extra labor, the kit price is the same and contains all you need.

This is from my experience with first having the hose kit for my BH. I personally installed both remotes in at the same time to save a little of my labor because of planning to add top and tilt cylinders to the 3pt. Not to hard to install and will save you a few dollars. I had posted a few pictures of the install back in April. The instructions supplied leave a few questions which I can help you with if needed.

/ so....hydraulic hook ups? #3  
Good explanation Victor. I am very tired of crawling under the machine every time I change between BH and 3PH. If I new there was such a thing when I bought my rig I would have opted for the remotes but the dealer never mentioned having to turn the valve. I learned about that here on TBN but I had already purchased it by then. I think the remotes would be worth every penny and I intend on converting mine as soon as the work season is over.

/ so....hydraulic hook ups?
Thanks Victor.

I don't know about the hose kit to power the BH so that didn't enter my thinking.

So basically for most uses including a BH, get the Kioti single remote kit with the two quick connectors?

Thanks,

Mike

/ so....hydraulic hook ups? #5  
Remotes all the way. That valve for the hose kit is a PITA. Easy install.

/ so....hydraulic hook ups? #6  
Steverino, I didn't know about the remotes being able to power the BH either and the dealer didn't mention it. I learned the same as you on TBN and a call to Rick Wallace. I think Dodgeram was about the first to take the changeover plunge and several more followed. Rick said he had a hard time keeping them in stock and the single remote is all he installs on a new tractor if someone is adding a BH.

Mrutkaus, definitely get the single remote kit. Well worth the extra few dollars. I don't know why they even make the hose kit unless you want an uncontrolled fluid flow with some drawbacks. As Dodgeram mentioned, the hose kit valve is a PITA. The single remote will let you do so much more if needed.

/ so....hydraulic hook ups? #7  
So am I reading correctly that to go from no remotes to the pair of remotes (4 new QDS on the back) it costs 650$ in parts? Just the single remote kit is 275$?

That's a bit of change.

/ so....hydraulic hook ups? #8  
Highbeam, Your math is correct. I have no idea why the second remote is $100 more. The main valve body is identical with a few different add-ons that give you the float function. I agree that even the single valve is a bit of change, but if you ever want to do more than just power the BH, the single remote is the way to go. Otherwise, you would need a hydraulic control for each attachment. If you check some of the other brand forums, you'll see that their add-on remotes are even more costly. I just think the single remote over the hose kit is worth the money if you plan to have more uses than just the BH.