quick disconnects?

/ quick disconnects? #1  

fiddleback

Tractor
2006 Kioti DK 45s
I cant for the life of me get my backhoe qd's back on!! Its almost brand new (24 hrs) and i'm done with the bush hog. Is there anything i'm missing? Its very, VERY clean,both male and female ports and it came off of the same tractor about 3 weeks ago. I'm pushing with all I got! any help please Thanks Tom

/ quick disconnects? #2  
Common problem.
Tractor off, FEL on ground, move levers on BH. This relieves pressure.
If you still have a problen, push the center pin on the male connector in (cover with rag first). this will relieve remaining pressure.
Had to do this routine about 3 hours ago to get BH on.
Tom

/ quick disconnects? #3  
Turn the key to the on postition but do not atart engine and wiggle all hydraulic levers on tractor. That will relieve pressure on the tractor end. Put a wrag on the back hoe end and give it some pursuasion

/ quick disconnects?
thanks Dodgeram, I went outside again after writing the post and did this
1 as you said, cover with rag,move control levers in any old frantic motion,and take hose with both hands and push against something really stable (like a backhoe subframe). took some pressure,but after a few seconds, she released and as you stated, you'll know.
2 further, I did the same with the female end using the backside of a pair of vise grips, you know, the knurled screw portion. And let me state, MAKE SURE THERE IS NO HYDRAULIC SUPPLY while screwing around with the female end. You can guess..... Thanks Tom

/ quick disconnects? #5  
Fiddleback, welcome to the club. I went thru the exact same problem a while back.

/ quick disconnects? #6  
I just grab a set of wrenches and crack a fitting on the backhoe line to relieve pressure. Moving the levers does not do it for me. Only once out of perhaps ten times I was able to just plug in without a fight. Plan to make up a fitting with a valve on it to plug into the backhoe as soon as I disconnect it so I can relieve pressure with less trouble.