Security & Theft Tractor Security

/ Tractor Security
Looks like a hidden switch to the fuel supply solenoid would be the safer bet. Thanks for the input.

/ Tractor Security #12  
I think good insurance is the best protection. It gives a good feeling to leave a tractor 50 miles from home and if it get stolen it will only cost you 250 dollars instead of a 20,000 loss. If its vandalized same cost up front. Much better to pay the insurance than suffer the consequences of losing biog dollars...There are alot of vadals and thieves everywhere. If it's to securely fastened and they can't steal it, they'll get mad and vandalize it instead. Chains, Locks and gates are only to deter honest people. Criminals NEVER Sleep....

/ Tractor Security #13  
The short answer is no, at least not in my experience. I have inadvertently started the machine with the petcock in the off position. The machine runs for a minute or two and then runs out of fuel. I say @#%@ss get off the machine, open the hood, turn on the fuel and it starts right up. I have noticed no adverse affects. I would think that inasmuch as you don’t see any stickers or warning announcements about this creating a fatal problem I would not worry too much about occasionally doing it by mistake.

/ Tractor Security #14  
There is a company out of florida that sells a gps tracking unit that is made for heavy equipment and tractors . this unit can detect movement if tractor is started or towed and you can track it on your computer . I will have to look and see what i did with the info but you can probably do a search for this on the web.

/ Tractor Security #15  
you can buy a GPS. home computer tracking devise on Ebay for less than 2 bills. And yes they work !
Ern.

/ Tractor Security
GPS Tracking! I can buy it on EBAY! No law enforcement involved! SWEET! Excuse me sir, but I believe that’s my tractor. Bang! :D

/ Tractor Security #17  
The ones for 200 dollars only plot the course distance speed and time when you get the unit back and d/load the info to your computer. To get a real time unit that shows it moving and where it is costs double to 2 1/2 times that. The 2 hundred dollar unit is only good if you know the car ot tractor is coming back to you so you can retrieve the device you hid on the vehicle and then d/load the info. If the vehicle is stolen the device goes with it and won't do you any good UNLESS you have the REAL TIME TRacking...

/ Tractor Security #18  
Prior to moving full time to our farm, I parked the tractor in an unlocked barn an placed an 86 Jimmy blocking the only access door. Not a perfect fix but the only one that I had at the time. If you have some concealment on the property, I'd park it there or tarp it to add some concealment from prying eyes. Insurance, nosy neighbors, periodic safety checks and if you insist as others have mentioned, there are outfits who will sell you a GPS and send the location data directly to your cell phone. I've seen the latter, it's slick and fairly inexpensive. The biggest $$ hit is the cell phone monthly charge.

/ Tractor Security #19  
I keep mine in the garage snuggled in between my Dodge dully and Honda. I would park my wifes Honda outside before my 750.;) With a nice new machine like yours it would look real good setting inside when not in use.

/ Tractor Security
A 20' sea can might be the ticket to!