Security & Theft Tractor Security

/ Tractor Security #21  
Sandlot said:
A 20' sea can might be the ticket to!

With your 115-120 degree summers I would be afraid of it melting in one of those tin cans.:D

/ Tractor Security #22  
My tractor is visible from the road, but then so is my shooting range. I live in a small town, in a small county. Everybody knows I fire semiautomatic military weapons and from my front porch I could reach out and touch someone. All of my neighbors are hunters and shooters. Ag equipment theft is very rare. The frequent theft around these parts is along the Ohio river. People come up down and across the river at night to take whatever is not nailed to the docks.

/ Tractor Security #24  
LBrown59 said:
Park it in the middle of a mine field.
and hook it up to an electric fence charger,

That seems a little impractical.

/ Tractor Security #27  
The full coverage insurance on my tractor costs me $340 a year. That's cheap peace of mind in my books.

/ Tractor Security #28  
The simplest defence against theft is to paint the tractor a pale pink and put My Little Pony stickers all over it.

Cliff

/ Tractor Security #29  
Cliff_Johns said:
The simplest defence against theft is to paint the tractor a pale pink and put My Little Pony stickers all over it.
Cliff

:D :D :D

Attachments

• pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 235
   / Tractor Security #30  
TBDonnelly said:

NICE, but where's the MLP stickers??:D

rfawkes you need a sign like I saw once in Montana. It read something like;

"Beware of spontaneous, randomly placed, high speed, low flying projectiles"

or something like that. I think he meant business and wasn't willing to find out so we sent our Montanan hosts out front to "gain" permission to pass.:):)