3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS #1  

Kevs lk3054

Tractor
2005 Kioti LK3054XS TLB
Thanks to all for the info on this site! I've been checking it out for around two years now and really have learned a lot!

From this research and some dealer visits, I picked my first tractor, an LK3054XS TLB.

I finally decided to post due to hydraulics problems. Has anyone else with this model had pump failures?

I'm really hoping to have good service for many years with this unit, but thats hard when its in the shop so much.

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS #2  
Welcome to TBN Kevin, Why dont you fill out your profile and if you would give the name of your dealer you bought your tractor from. I havent heard of any pump failures on your machine but im sure their are plenty of dealers here who could add insight..

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS #3  
I also have a 3054XS LTB with hydraulic problems. They replaced the hydraulic pump with an improved one but it still doesn't work right. I was spreading stone this weekend and could barely pick up a front bucket of stone. If I had a full bucket, the hydraulics would stall at any RPM. It is going back but the warranty is now expired. The last time in the shop it took 6-7 weeks. The dealer told me there was a design problem with the original pump being aluminum and the replacement supplied by Kioti was cast iron.

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS #4  
I have a 2004 3054XS with just over 100 hours on it and no hydraulic problems. I've moved lots of big rocks and many many yards of horse manure, plus split plenty of fire wood with it and the hydraulics seem fine. (Other than a small leak where one of the loader hoses hooks up to the control valve.)

The stickers on my tractor say it's a TLB, but it really isn't as I have the standard loader and no BH. I don't know if the basic tractor is the same or if there were any differences between the plain XS and the TLB versions.

This string is the first I've heard of any hydraulic problems with the new improved pump.

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS #5  
There is a hyd hose update kit relating to the way the hydraulics are plumbed. We have installed a couple of these and they help with performance. No hyd pump failures yet though.

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS
How do I fill out my profile?

My dealer is Eton Tractor in north Ga. (though small operation, they seem to be interested in fixing this).

As I must vamoose in just a couple of minutes, briefly:
1. Bent dipper cylinder after a few hours usage on BH; dealer felt unit may not have been heat treated correctly if at all.
2. BH and FEL became very slow and weak; dealer replaced hyd. pump. He said it was pretty well thrashed internally.
3. BH and FEL similar symptoms as above; Kioti replaced pump with another type.
4. Found the 3PT wouldn't operate and developed leak at boom control valve on BH. At dealer now for the hose kit that was mentioned in John Depratt's reply and possibly an o-ring kit or entire valve assembly replacement, as Kioti determines is needed.

This was a rushed reply. Thanks for the help and welcome.

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS #7  
I purchased a CK30 about 3 months ago from same dealer and HST is giving me some problem. Won't move for about 30 seconds after pressing pedal. Told Ben about it 2 weeks ago said he would call me back. Love this machine other than that. Only 17 hours so far.

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS #9  
Mine hesitates after startup.
I just presumed it took a while for the fluids to get circulating.
After the initial hesitation at startup, she responds immediately.
Doesn't bother me, as I always have something to do in the interim (seat belt, raise loader, place beverage in holder, etc.)

/ 3054XS TLB HYDRAULICS #10  
30 seconds after start up. After that no problems.