CK 20 hour meter quit

/ CK 20 hour meter quit #1  

joe48

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
The hour meter on my CK 20 quit working this week. The tachometer is still working ok. (somewhere around 171 hrs)

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Is there a quick and easy fix like a loose wire, bad ground etc.?

I was thinking I'd just install a 12v hour meter and tap off the ignition, if there isn't a quick and easy (cheap) fix.

/ CK 20 hour meter quit #2  
If the tach is working, and the hour meter isn't....... you must replace the entire instrument pannel (tach, hour meter, dash lights).

I have seen 2 fail, not real common, but I have seen this problem.

/ CK 20 hour meter quit #3  
The hour meter on my LK3054 crapped out at 1035 hours and never worked again. Only way to fix it would have been to replace the entire panel and that was too costly. I bought an hour meter, installed it below the dash (a bit hard to see, but how often do you look at it from the driver's seat?) and made sure I had a good drip loop on it. I bought it from TMI Technology (via Ebay). It has a flashing LED to indicate it is working (a real plus) and it is backlit too. Installed in no time and I've been very happy with it. Since I put a new engine in, it was best to install a new hour meter with all zeros for maintenance purposes.

/ CK 20 hour meter quit
Thanks guys.
You confirmed what I was already thinking, so off to the auto parts store.

/ CK 20 hour meter quit #6  
Jon, yes the tach still works. The hour meter read 1025 when I got the machine a couple of years back and it moved quite slowly up to 1035 and finally quit.

/ CK 20 hour meter quit
Kent,
thanks for the tip on the TMI hour meter, sweet little piece of electronics.
called TMI and had it 4 days later for $25, plain old 12v hour meter at parts store was $40 and only did total hrs.
TMI unit has 2 totalizers, 3 count down service meters for different service intervals engine oil, hyd oil etc.
Thanks again,
Joe

/ CK 20 hour meter quit #8  
Just some info but I found that you can buy just the hour meter/tach part without getting the whole instrument cluster... much cheaper. If anyone needs one I have them.

/ CK 20 hour meter quit #9  
Thanks Jon,

Nice to know even though mine is working fine.:) :cool:

/ CK 20 hour meter quit #10  
depratt_equip said:
Just some info but I found that you can buy just the hour meter/tach part without getting the whole instrument cluster... much cheaper. If anyone needs one I have them.

I should have mentioned this only fits LK Tractors like the 3054, 2554, and some others... sorry CK guy's....