PTO shaft broken

/ PTO shaft broken #1  

roller

Bronze Member
Tractor
kIOTI CK30
I have a ck30 with broken/snapped shaft [internal],been told it was a manufacturing fault, and kioti have taken full resonsability no quibles their!!

Now this shaft broke 2 weeks today and i'm still waiting for it to be repaired ,apparently their STILL waiting for a few parts to come in from KOREA..

Anyone else heard of shafts snapping??

/ PTO shaft broken #2  
Nope.

/ PTO shaft broken #3  
Nope, and I have certainly killed the engine while brush mowing until I got the slip clutch properly adjusted.

/ PTO shaft broken #4  
Never used mine. Hope it doesn't go the first time I do.

This is the first time I have heard of this problem being mentioned in this forum, so it looks like a unfortunate fluke to be the first! :mad: Good luck on your repairs.;)

/ PTO shaft broken #5  
What were you running when it snapped, if you don't mine me asking? I'm Curious?

Steve

/ PTO shaft broken
Steve_Miller said:
What were you running when it snapped, if you don't mine me asking? I'm Curious?

Steve

Flail mower.

/ PTO shaft broken #7  
Never heard of that either, Were you using slip clutch or shear bolt for protection?

/ PTO shaft broken #8  
Broke PTO while using a flail mower? I'd say the belt(s) are too tight on your mower. I use a flail mower alot and have stalled it to the point of burning up the belts. The drive belt(s) are there to protect the mower gear box and the PTO/tractor. I've heard of broken PTO's but that was caused by sudden sock load i.e. 'tiller with no slip clutch or engaging the PTO at too high of engine RPM. So I would tend to believe that it was just a "fluke".

/ PTO shaft broken #9  
are you sure the shaft broke? I have seen the internal over run clutch not working properly..... so the shaft doesn't drive.