Quick hitches, are they worth buying?

/ Quick hitches, are they worth buying? #1  

FishtheRainy

Tractor
Kioti Lb1914
Is anyone using one of the quick hitches such as the Farm Pro 3 Point Category 1 Tractor Quick Hitch 03986? How well do they work? Do they save time or make attachments more difficult?

/ Quick hitches, are they worth buying? #3  
I have read a little about qucik hitches but really dont understand, is it only to attach a box scraper? Once you put on your tractor is it easy to remove and put back on, because I go from box scraper to backhoe.

/ Quick hitches, are they worth buying? #4  
It is real easy to remove, about a minute. If the attachment points are the same on other implements, it should work on those as well.

/ Quick hitches, are they worth buying? #5  
there has been much discussion regarding quick hitches on TBN... a search should assist you.

Beware... this phrase is loosely used... there are two kinds

front end... quick attach (quick hitch) for FEL

rear end.....for 3 point... two kinds... claws that simly attach to the existing lift arms and a device with hooks on it that attaches to the existing lift arms then the other side attaches to the implement.

Pros and cons for all... worth understanding.

Myself, I have a FEL quick attach (skid steer type) and PAT'S system for the lift arms quick attach. Love ém both.:)

/ Quick hitches, are they worth buying? #6  
The neighbor said the 3pt quick hitch works fine if you have a good level spot to drop and retrieve the implement. Without that level spot, it doesn't work very well.

/ Quick hitches, are they worth buying?
Thanks for the info/links to the HF rear 3 point quick hitch. It was interesting and loooong. It almost took all Fall just to read the posts!

/ Quick hitches, are they worth buying? #9  
I joined TBN prior to purchasing my tractor. After doing a great deal of reading and research I decided to have the dealer add a quick hitch to my purchase.

Two years later, I can tell you that it was the best decision I made. A big thanks to all the folks on TBN for sharing their experiences. Without the many comments, I wouldn't have given a quick hitch any thought.

As long as your equipment has the same hitch points and you have a reasonably level place to hook up, you will find the quick hitch an indespensible addition to your tractor. As someone else mentioned, you shold look at the Pat's Quick Hitch which is sold through TBN.

But in the end, find the one that fits your situation best.

Good luck.