Backhoe ATTACHING THE BACKHOE

/ ATTACHING THE BACKHOE
8561 said:
It's not very complicated, but it sure works well, and it's built rugged. Basically, I just slide it under the backhoe and set one end under the frame, and the other under the bucket. I then use the dipper hydraulics to take the weight off and it's free. I use the red tie-down in one of the photos to run between the stabalizers to make sure they don't leak down. The real beauty is in putting it on. With all the weight on rollers, you can push it to exactly the spot it is needed. Believe it or not, it can be pushed with one hand. Here are the photos.
The photos are great, can you post the measurements of the dolly

/ ATTACHING THE BACKHOE #12  
A simple frame dolly is probably fine for a BH mounted on the 3PH. For anyone with a frame-mounted hoe, you need pads on the dolly so that the stabalizers and the bucket can be used to dis-mount the whole rig. Best arrangement would probably be in the form of an upside-down 'T' configuration. Frame mounts probably require more alignment - under the belly of the tractor, and at the hitch point somewhere - not that I would want to argue the point!

EanJay

/ ATTACHING THE BACKHOE #13  
A member here at the forum (Pineridge) has built a dolly for his sub-frame mounted backhoe on his NH TC40DA. The link is below and has some good pictures of the dolly.

Backhoe Dolly

/ ATTACHING THE BACKHOE #14  
DIRTCUTTER said:
The photos are great, can you post the measurements of the dolly

It's 60"X30". Built from 2X10's and 2X4's. Pretty simple.

/ ATTACHING THE BACKHOE #15  
I've not had a problem with mounting the BH on my DK45S, takes about 20 minutes solo, 10 minutes with one other person.

I do drop it onto two 2x6's that are longer than the BH frame, that keeps it off the ground, and allows it to slide slightly when mounting it. As soon as the hydraulics are connected and powered up, moving it to align everything is pretty easy.