KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question #1  

Piney Woods Rooter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 585-DI & Kioti DK55C w/upgraded 1595 FEL
Hello All,

New to the forum and I have to say it looks like a great source of information! Wish I'd found it years ago!!!

I'm the new owner of a 2003 DK55C w/1595 FEL and am trying to find out the cost of the FEL upgrade kit. None of the five dealers I called had any information and only one knew the kit even existed. All the stores said they would try to find out the details but it may take awhile. Maybe some of you TBN’s can provide the information while I’m waiting on the service managers to call back. I understand the cost may vary, dealer to dealer but I’m just looking for ballpark figures now; cost of kit, shipping, installation, etc. How difficult is the install in case I decide to do it myself?

Thanks for any information,

PWR

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question #3  
How many hrs on your 55 piney? and hows the general condition after 3 yrs? I'm thinking of buying a new one, my 2yrs old NHTC40D has 1400, I'm hoping the dk55 will hold up as well, seems most here don't put many hrs on their machines?

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question #4  
Piney Woods Rooter said:
Hello All,

New to the forum and I have to say it looks like a great source of information! Wish I'd found it years ago!!!

I'm the new owner of a 2003 DK55C w/1595 FEL and am trying to find out the cost of the FEL upgrade kit. None of the five dealers I called had any information and only one knew the kit even existed. All the stores said they would try to find out the details but it may take awhile. Maybe some of you TBN’s can provide the information while I’m waiting on the service managers to call back. I understand the cost may vary, dealer to dealer but I’m just looking for ballpark figures now; cost of kit, shipping, installation, etc. How difficult is the install in case I decide to do it myself?

Thanks for any information,

Part Number 1590-2035 Kit Number Cost around $950.00 Plus Shiping

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question #5  
soggybottom said:
How many hrs on your 55 piney? and hows the general condition after 3 yrs? I'm thinking of buying a new one, my 2yrs old NHTC40D has 1400, I'm hoping the dk55 will hold up as well, seems most here don't put many hrs on their machines?

bought a DK55c (w/ 1595 FEL) new in july '04. now have 710 hrs on the machine. i've had no problems that i would characterize as severe:

- lost linkage to the shuttle when a $1 pin wasn't set properly @ the factory
- FM antenna connection came loose
- replaced rear worklight (turned out to be a bulb)

i'm using it for a large farm (haying, 10+ acres under cultivation, etc.).

pf

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question
soggybottom said:

300 hours in 3 years. I know that's not a lot - one of the reasons I bought it. The general condition is very good to excellent. I know the former owner; and that it was kept in a barn; and that all the preventive maintenance was done. The tractor had the front axel upgrade and was not abused - though definitely not babied! Most of the hours were spent bush-hogging, moving and stacking round bales and some dirt work thrown in. I think the only things that didn't work were the cigarette lighter (dealer repaired) and the windshield washer (I'll look at it when I get a chance).

I was looking mainly at John Deere and Mahindra (Kioti dealer too far away) when the deal on the DK55C came along. I was impressed with Kioti before I got the used one and even more impressed after I operated it awhile. There are plenty of other threads comparing the different brands cost, reliability, etc.; so I'll simply say this tractor has a lot of really nice features, is very user friendly (ergonomic?), looks to be easy to maintain and appears to be built to take a lot of abuse. The only thing I'm not real impressed with is the FEL, but the upgrade kit will take care of that, and of course it will be fixed on a new tractor. Only time will tell regarding future parts availability but I'm willing to bet it won't be a problem.

I don’t expect to replace this tractor any time soon!

Also; thanks depratt_equip and tractorhill !!

PWR

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question #7  
A late post, but I'm now thinking of upgrading my loader - I really could use more curling angle, to save a few trips carrying stuff.

Has anyone bought and installed the upgrade? I'd like to try it this summer. I also have a grapple bucket that I switch out, so I'm hoping that won't be a problem.

tks,

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question #8  
My dealer provided the upgrade kit at no cost eventhough my tractor (DK45)was out of warranty.

I did the installation myself and it took about 90 minutes.

The unfortunate part is the new brackets must be welded onto the bucket. This may not be the case if you have a quick attach bucket.

Anyway, the upgrade was well worth it. I had many issues with the loader prior to the upgrade including bent tie rods, poor roll back angle and poor roll back power. Haven't bent any parts since the upgrade and the tractor can now pick up a loader full of material.

The only other issue with the upgrade is my bucket level indicator no longer fit the new brackets.

I hope this helps with your decision.

Neil

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question #9  
Yep, sure did and I will. I'll see if I can get my dealer to give me a break on the upgrade. I'll say the current setup isn't quite right, which I'm sure is fixed on the new loaders.

tks,

/ KL1595 FEL Upgrade Kit Question #10  
nkole, Sounds like great info could you post pics of your loader? What all was included in the upgrade? cylinders,brackets, linkages ? 3 years ago when I bought my DK50C I was disappointed with the rollback and also bent the upper rods (at that time I did not know about TBN or the upgrade kit) so I modified the loader myself to fix these problems. It has worked out really well although I have lost some dumping angle.I think longer travel cylinders would fix this. Anyways I may be interested in this kit but I would like to see pics. first. Here are some pics. of my homemade mods. Thanks, Frenchie

dadspics011.jpg

dadspics012.jpg

dadspics015.jpg

dadspics014.jpg

dadspics013.jpg

dadspics016.jpg

dadspics017.jpg