One Kubota fan who's noticing Kioti

/ One Kubota fan who's noticing Kioti #1  

rbargeron

Elite Member
Tractor
L5450, L48, L3250, L345
One Kubota fan who\'s noticing Kioti

This is a copy of a post from Kubota Owning

I'm an admitted Kubota fan - have been since the early '80s.

Back then, Kubota was tring to penetrate the US market so they offered more features for less money, model-for-model than Deere (Yanmar at the time) or Ford. Their build quality was exceptional - gear housings were painted inside, shaft splines were near-zero-clearance fit, gear heat treatment and finishing were first-class, and no oil leaks anywhere ever. The engines had already become legendary for quality worldwide (no accident so many other manufacturers of equip. use Kubota diesels.) Over the next few years, Kubota was successful in establishing a significant share of the small tractor market. And they seem to be keeping it.

But, at the risk of getting flamed, I'll put forward an idea about the "new kid on the block". If there is a general economic downturn in the US, dealers will be looking harder for a price leader - and they'll find Kioti. They're doing exactly what Kubota did in 1982. And they're taking advantage of the typical US consumers' inattention to detail - some people already think the two brands are the same (based on colors and fancy curved-glass cabs).

If you think Kioti isn't a factor - take a good look at the front axle of their new 50 hp 4wd - it has a double-shear king pin drive, made like the earlier Kubota front axles before they were cheapened for the grand L-10's. To me Kioti appears very serious about quality - not like all the rest of the "tractor kit" offerings showing up in tool catalogs.

Stay tuned. Kubota is at the top of the pile now, but if they get complacent they'll be overtaken - may already be happening.

Long post - still only worth 2 cents.

/ One Kubota fan who's noticing Kioti #2  
Re: One Kubota fan who\'s noticing Kioti

Even with me being a big Kioti fan I'm still surprised when I see how well built possibly overbuilt they really are. I think some manufacturers really adhere to the "just enough" way of thinking. To me "just enough" is underbuilt. What it usually means is that just when you need it the most it breaks.

/ One Kubota fan who's noticing Kioti #3  
Re: One Kubota fan who\'s noticing Kioti

right again kioti85. i went to a kubota dealer to see if they had a valve stem and looked at l3510 and my dk35 is noticebly heavier. i found an exact valve stem at my friends truck/tire repair bussiness. i guess it was a heavy duty valve stem that kubota doesn't use/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif it really was a much better made valve stem than some i saw while looking in several places.