CK30 HST lazy pedal return

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #1  

DrewL

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti
As the title says...................I take my foot off the travel pedal and it takes a second for it to return to neutral. What do I need to look for to repair, lube adjust etc.?

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #2  
Make sure everything works freely underneath.
Isolate the pedal, to make sure it works freely.
If that doesn't fix it the Nuetral Valve needs replaced.

BTI

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #3  
Mine gets better and worse. Lately it tends to stick more on the reverse side which is a little creepy when backing up to a gulley with the mower running. To fix it I hit it all the pivots with a healthy shot of lube while running the treddle for and aft through its full range of motion. This seems to help temporarily so it must be the root of the problem in my case.

Oh and while crouching down between the tires working and lubing the HST treddle it is best to leave the engine turned off. It even makes me uneasy if the tranny is in neutral.

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #4  
Mine gets better and worse. To fix it I hit it all the pivots with a healthy shot of lube while running the treddle for and aft through its full range of motion. This seems to help temporarily so it must be the root of the problem in my case.

Exactly the same with mine. Have to lube it every 10 hours I'd say to resolve this recurring issue.

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #5  
I have found 3 things that affect it even with regular lubing.
1. low engine RPM - lower it it under 2000 the slower it returns to neutral
2. gear range it is in - is more prone to keep rolling in mid-range than in low
3. cold oil - when first started and using it is worse than after using for 10-15 minutes
If working in close quarters I try to remember to put it in low and keep RPM around 1800 - 2000, and drive around yard a little to warm the HST before hand.
Once I eliminate all three of the above, mine works fine.

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #6  
Kioti has a new damper that mounts under the floorboard that solves most HST creeping problems. Go to your dealer and see if It can be warranted as it is a safety issue. I have seen this fix two ck tractors with creeping problems and kioti warranted.

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #7  
Thanks guys, very helpful.

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #8  
Has anyone had any luck with Kioti on this pedal issue?
Mine is doing it now every once in a while, would like to get remedied before to long or it gets worse.

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #9  
I had the new dampers put on out of warranty, Kioti supplied the dampers, I had to cover the labor. They work the same as it did before. Mine works the same as SSdoxie described in post #5 of this thread. Mine has been doing this for years but not enough for me to want heads to roll, for now I will live with it, my choice. It was mentioned years back about checking the neutral valves under the rubber mat just below the seat in the tranny housing but I thing you have to somewhat careful it you attempt to remove these to inspect them.

Steve

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/166898-ck30-hst-treadle-2.html

/ CK30 HST lazy pedal return #10  
I just had a new dampener installed under warranty. I have a ct235. This solved the problem, so far. We'll see how long it lasts but it's sure nice to stop when I let off the pedal instead of tapping the reverse each time.
Steve