CK 25 Tie Rod

/ CK 25 Tie Rod #1  

rmahlert

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 HST
I bent my tie rod on my ck25 while using a Harley rake, I drove over a pile with a boulder in it and didn't notice.
I'm trying to remember if it had a slight bend in it originally or was it straight? I can't remember how it looked when I got it this summer.

Thanks guys.

Rob

CK25 100 hours

/ CK 25 Tie Rod #4  
If all else fails, they are pretty cheap and easy to replace. I bought a spare since I counldn't bend mine back with the tools I had.

/ CK 25 Tie Rod #6  
We went thru this a year or so ago. You don't need to replace the rod if it isn't hitting anything, just adjust the toe in according to the manual (something like 1/4" in as I remember but check).

The tractor doesn't know the tie rod is bent all it knows is the toe in of the wheels.

I bent mine within the first 1/2 hour of receiving the new tractor! Aside from a mark on the paint from the sapling I ran over (and I've repainted that), it looks like it should have been made that way, and will be more difficult to bend/hit the next time.

Mike

/ CK 25 Tie Rod
I e-mailed my local dealer to see if He has the replacement in stock.
I'm hoping to try bending it today as much as possible while heating it up.

I'm trying to finish my yard.. nice day today but rain the next few days.

Attached is a picture of the tie rod.

Rob

Attachments

• kioti-trieod.jpg
    kioti-trieod.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 282
   / CK 25 Tie Rod
mrutkaus said:
I bent mine within the first 1/2 hour of receiving the new tractor!
Mike

That's as bad as when I bought my New Nissan Titan.. got it on a Thursday. On Saturday morning I went and bought 20 2x10 12' Pressure Treated boards for my deck. I'm on a hill, while driving up the driveway the straps snapped and the load slipped off and bent my tailgate. I made up a few new 4 letter words that day!

Rob

/ CK 25 Tie Rod #9  
Rob,
A friend of mine had just bought a new Mahindra 2615HST for use on his 21 wooded acres. When the dealer called and told him it was in, he came over to my house and we went and picked it up for him with my trailer. After I made some bucket mods and welded some hooks on I took it home for him on a Friday afternoon. He called me on Saturday afternoon and asked me to bring my tractor over with some chains since he got stuck axle deep in a wet spot. (Only 5 hours on tractor, I should have brought my camera but wasn't thinking at the time). I got him out when I realized his front wheels were toed out. His tie rod had caught a rock or tree stump and was not only bent like yours but he had kept going and snapped it. Our dealer was closed for the day so we took the tie rod back to my garage, cut off the outer ends and I welded in a new center piece of 1/2" thick wall pipe. Since my tractor is the same as his the proper length measurement was close by. That lasted till 20 hours and got bent again exactly like your pic. This time we just straightened it in a vise using a pipe wrench and he was back in business again. Then I noticed the bottom of his front differential had 4 threaded holes so I made up two skid plates out of 3/8" steel (one for his, one for mine) and bolted them on. So far he hasn't snagged the tie rod again. When he's all done clearing his trails I'll weld him up another completely straight tie rod.

/ CK 25 Tie Rod
I got the tie rod straight. Heated it up and used a vise to bend it back.

I forgot to take a picture before I put it back on the tractor. But attached is a shot of the tie rod back on and a second with the Harley rake I just backed up to re-attach.

Rob

Attachments

• tierod-fixed.jpg
    tierod-fixed.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 263
  • harleyrack-ck25.jpg
    harleyrack-ck25.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 250