LB1914 Glow Plugs

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs #1  

lmbrsn

Tractor
Kioti LB1914 IH 674
I have a LB1914. Is there a way to check that all of the glow plugs are working properly. It has been cold in the mornings and when it starts up it only hits on one cylinder for a short while.
Thanks

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs #2  
Check the resistance on each of the glow plugs, they should be all about the same. Give me a call if you have any questions.. You get your loader working ok?

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs
Jon: I show a 0.8 resistance across all three of the glow plugs. I don't know what they are suppose to be new, but they are all the same. They are a bear to get to. Yes the loader is working PERFECT. Thanks for all of your help. Jim

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs #4  
did you disconnect the strap going between all 3 of them. If not it will give you a bogus reading... .8 is low though. If i remember right they should be about 8-9. Also have you checked to make sure you are getting voltage to the glow plugs...you can use a test light for this.

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs
Yes I disconnected the strap between them. I will check the voltage going to them. The relay clicks and the light goes out after about 10 to 15 seconds.

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs #6  
Any final analysis on this yet, I have the same tractor and it does exactly the same thing, mine is a 2003 model, just wondering if there is a common defect in a solenoid or something.
Sequence of events:
Turn key to on poistion, glow light lights
Wait 10-13 seconds, glow light goes out
turn key to start position and machine starts but good bit of
white smoke and runs rough for about 20 seconds.

I know something in the heating cycle isn't working, cause as long as it's above 60-65' the thing starts right up and runs clear and smooth.

Frank

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs #7  
the colder weather will effect the starting performance of a diesel. if its really cold you can pre-heat twice. I have been doing that lately.... been 5-20 degrees out the past couple weeks.

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs #8  
As of the 10th, I will have had mine for 1 year. Last winter mine operated just like Frank described. I also was told to let the glow plugs go thru 2 cycles. This seems to help some.

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs #9  
Not sure if it's just a LB1914 issue. I think it is a generic diesel thing. I own an LK3054 and usually pre-heat my plugs twice to start otherwise it cranks a long time and that's not good for the starter motor.
PS, my engine was brand new March 2005.

/ LB1914 Glow Plugs #10  
My CK30hst has a position between the normal glow plug preheat and start. When it's below 30 F', I let it do the normal preheat and then turn the key a little more to the manual preheat for about five more seconds. The glow plug preheat light comes back on. It starts everytime without a problem. I think from some other posts last year that not all the tractors had this manual preheat position.
I can just imagine how hard yours is to start without the glow plugs working properly. Good luck with the diagnosing but it seems like you are almost there.