Kioti Horsepower

/ Kioti Horsepower #11  
I am not sure about the filter mountng on your tractor, but if the filter is a spin-on and it mounts with the spin-on side up, just fill it with fuel before you install it. You will not have enough air in the fuel system to cause a problem.

/ Kioti Horsepower #12  
JeffandTamara said:
Thanks for the idea on Fuel Filter. Makes a lot of sense. I have a new fuel filter in the garage. Supposed to rain this weekend..might be a good time to put it on. As far as a good procedure for changing...
The manual says basically paraphrasing;
(1) Turn off the fuel petcock,
(2)take off the filter bowl,
(3) Clean Filter Bowl
(4) Replace Filter.
I am concerned about losing prime and getting air in the system. The only other diesel I have experience with has a manual prime pump that helps get any air out of the lines after the filter is changed...

it is acctually very simple. leave the bowl lose and turn the fuel on and let the bowl fill up. Let a little fuel come out the top so you might want to have a rag handy. then tighten the bowl and crank the tractor. I have done it this way 4 times now with no problem. I have not had to prime the system. If you have over 300 hours on that tractor then i can say that it is past time to clean that filter if you havent done it before. Assuming from your question you havent. Have Fun:)

/ Kioti Horsepower
darkviper: Another Great Idea, Simple and Striaghtforward. My initial thought was to try to fill up the bowl before I put it back on..... No way to get all the air out...and probably make a mess that way too....
But keeping it loose and letting some fuel come out makes sense...Thanks..