What is this Electrical Connector For??

/ What is this Electrical Connector For?? #1  

JeffandTamara

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35, Case 1190
Does anyone know what the electrical connector in the photo is designed for??? As you can tell from the photo's it is just hanging down beside the ROPS on the Tractor right back side....

Thanks....
I really appreciate this site!!!!

Attachments

• 12-30-06_1301.jpg
    12-30-06_1301.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 469
  • 12-30-06_1302.jpg
    12-30-06_1302.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 392
   / What is this Electrical Connector For?? #2  
I don't know what the connector was originally designed for.
But I do know the connector has power to it when the headlights are turned on.
I used it on my DK to power a set of extra lights when ever I turn on my headlights

Attachments

• HPIM0327.JPG
    HPIM0327.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 342
   / What is this Electrical Connector For?? #3  
I think it was for the heated seat option...LOL
Really manufactures can use one harness for many similar sized models to keep parts proliferation cost down by using some connections on some models and not on others...also the tractors are sold in many markets where maybe somewhere its law to have a backlight plackard or Lord knows what.
You'll probably see unused connectors under the dash and along the whole harness.
Very common in the auto repair field a customer may point out some never used connectors under the hood after you work on the rig thinking you left something unhooked. Some are there for a/c hookup and maybe vehicle doesn't have a/c or for test points, etc

/ What is this Electrical Connector For?? #4  
There was a connector on my lk2554 behind the seat that is for trailer hookup. I use it for power a spreader and roll bar lights for snow blowing.

/ What is this Electrical Connector For?? #5  
bncsauve said:
There was a connector on my lk2554 behind the seat that is for trailer hookup. I use it for power a spreader and roll bar lights for snow blowing.
I agree - although the trailer plug is for some Asian configuration. Most owners just snip it off and replace it with a U.S. plug (usually 4 pin).

Happy New Year to all at TBN :D !!!

/ What is this Electrical Connector For??
Thanks to all for the relys,, Even the electric seat heater suggestion...
Kent. Great Idea to snip off plug and attach a more common wiring configuration. Thanks, that sounds like a winner! But it's good to know that the plug is likely not something I would figure out what it was for and need about a week after I cut it off...
Thanks again...

/ What is this Electrical Connector For?? #7  
DK35vince said:
I don't know what the connector was originally designed for.
But I do know the connector has power to it when the headlights are turned on.
I used it on my DK to power a set of extra lights when ever I turn on my headlights

Hi Vince,

How did you mount your sun roof? You have the same (sun roof and tractor) as me and I needed to have a special bracket made (see image below) to be able to fit the sun roof (umbrella?). The dealer was non-the-wiser on this matter. It is my first tractor ever and got it new a few months ago.

Wonder if you can post a close-up picture of how it is secured to the ROPS.

Also, those black steel channels are mightly heavy and weigh 3.5 kg each (sorry, in Australia we are metric...) and I have some concern they might come down on me if the mounting bolts snap due to leverage when the tractor jolts about.

In a seperate posting I will list (a little later) a number of issues I have with this tractor (DK35) and the louzy dealer.

Tony

sunroofmounting.jpg

/ What is this Electrical Connector For?? #8  
Tony
If you look at the drawing I have here the way you attach the canopy is with number 11
DCP_2781.JPG

/ What is this Electrical Connector For?? #9  
wallace said:
Tony
If you look at the drawing I have here the way you attach the canopy is with number 11

Thanks Wallace, very clear now.

This dealer (and his salesman) did not know, and the sun roof was not provided with any instructions whatsoever.

Tony