Backhoe LB1914 backhoe hydraulics

/ LB1914 backhoe hydraulics #1  

cgraham

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti LB1914
My LB came with the PTO-driven KB2365 backhoe.

I'd appreciate some assistanxce how to service it, - its manual unhelpfully says "see tractor manual".

I have changed the filter. But the only access to the hydraulic tank I can see is the breather on top, and the line fittings.

How do I check the correct hydraulic level?

I assume I would drain it by disconnecting one of the hydraulis lines?

Nothing is accessible without removing a cover plate - doesn't make for regular check of the hydraulic fluid level.

Thanks, C

/ LB1914 backhoe hydraulics #2  
As you can see the backhoe is a stand alone system.
The way we get the level proper is we will take a zip tie (you can use anything you want) and stick it in the fill hole and make sure it touches the bottom then pull it out and put it next to the side of the tank you want your fluid to be at least 1 inch from the top of the tank.
If you add to much it is not a hudge problem because it will just leak out the cap most likely when you are on a side hill.
To drain it you do have to take a line loose.

I know this isn't the greatest set up but it works.
This was the set up that Rhino used when they (oem)ed backhoes for Kioti and instead of rewriting the book Kioti just turned the next page and moved on.

O- and by the way the breather will screw out and that is the fill check hole

/ LB1914 backhoe hydraulics #3  
Not to hijack the thread but my new Rhino65A on the LB1914 is a stand alone backhoe system.
Manual says fill with SAE engine oil with API "SD" classification in northern climates. My dealer said something like he uses a premium hydraulic oil.
I don't think he elaborated or the conversation changed direction.
A thread search last night turned up nothing of any help.

/ LB1914 backhoe hydraulics
It's all yours, Caver. I got my answer. I assume the hydraulic oil for the backhoe would be the same as for the tractor/FEL as specfied in the tractor manual.

C

/ LB1914 backhoe hydraulics #5  
That is what we use.