KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY

/ KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY #1  

NY_kioti_sales

Silver Member
Tractor
DK 65 S
The fix is here for the Kioti KL 120 & 130 torque tube cracking issues. It is a bolt on fix and looks good too, I will try to post pictures. Your dealer should have details, there are serial number breaks, so give your dealer a call with serial number of your loader and get the parts coming.

Labor of install, parts, and parts shipping are all covered under warranty. Tractor transportation to the dealer is not.

Customer is going to be responsible for any labor costs after april 30th, 2007, so get these problem loaders to your dealer ASAP.

This program includes:
KL 120 with serial numbers 30519001 thru 60509061
KL 130 with serial numbers 20209001 thru 60510080

/ KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY #2  
Great news.

Do you have any photos?

It looks like all 3 of the Kiotis I bought apply. I have no sign of
cracking on any of them. Is that required? Will they ship to
the customer directly?

Thanks for posting.

/ KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY #3  
Can I install it myself fairly easily?

/ KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY #4  
So what happens after the serial number cutoff? Are those loaders supposedly immune to the cracks. Is there a different style? I do recall the photos of the KL120 loader but haven't seen a revised KL130.

I am excited that at least something is happening. Can't wait to see the photos.

/ KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY #5  
Highbeam said:
So what happens after the serial number cutoff? Are those loaders supposedly immune to the cracks. Is there a different style? I do recall the photos of the KL120 loader but haven't seen a revised KL130.

If you notice the serial numbers start with a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. I suspect these are the years of manufacture and therefore represent the original design. The later numbers (late 2006 and onwards) are presumably the newer design loader torque tube so should not have the same flexing/cracking problem.

/ KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY
Yes I have a black and white photo kioti sent with update...... I forgot how to resize pictures to post them.

I believe this is going to apply to all loaders that fall in this category of serial numbers regardless of cracks or not is my understanding.

No they are not going to ship direct to the customer, I believe they want the dealers to install this correctly. I can service this for anyone in my area. I have 50 some loaders to do myself that I have sold plus I have already had a few customers call that bought at other dealers.

The loader has been revised after the serial number cut off.

Could someone please refresh my memory on how the picture resizing works? I will post the B&W immediately and colors once I have done one.

/ KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY #8  
I took your photo and blew it up a little while getting rid of the white border for easier viewing. Thanks for posting it.

See attachment

My dealer has picked up and delivered my tractor for any and all work done to it at no charge. I assumed it was part of the warranty. Apparently I need to go hug my dealer and not complain when they leave it up to me to get the tractor to them for the repair. I wonder if a U-haul trailer will do...

Attachments

• loader repair.jpg
    loader repair.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 547
   / KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY #9  
Oh.... that's the kit..... wow, I guess it's better than my hack job, a little.

/ KL 120 & 130 loader issue FIX READY #10  
Highbeam said:
Oh.... that's the kit..... wow, I guess it's better than my hack job, a little.
It not what I would have expected but if it works then that is what is needed.

I'm surprised that it just appears to be a cover piece that clamps over the existing torque tube and has no apparent connection to the main loader arms on either side. I just figured it would have tied the two side pieces together with a reinforced torque tube. I guess I figured wrong (that's certainly happened before). It is also possible that the two main loader arms are somehow connected to prevent twisting but we just can't see it in the photo. I'd love to see multiple photos that show how they added rigidity. Its also nice to see a resolution come to this issue.