Snow Plowing snow in the dark

/ Plowing snow in the dark #1  

CBB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5320N Vineyard, 1981 Deere 910, 1980 Kubota B22, 1983 Ford 1710
We are over a foot now and more on the way. We are one hill top over from Holiday Valley Ski Resort in Ellicottville, NY. Tractor is working like a dream but I did have one of the chains come off the front and it was a significant difference.

Attachments

• 100_1164.JPG
    100_1164.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 716
  • 100_1163.JPG
    100_1163.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 657
   / Plowing snow in the dark #2  
Plowing at night can be peaceful,more so if there a full moon.

Only dustings of snow here.

/ Plowing snow in the dark #3  
Looks like fun! Where did you get those spot lights. I need some for those late nights playing (uh working) :D

/ Plowing snow in the dark #4  
You're about the same as I am in Erie, Pa. How are the slopes? Normally go to Peek-n-Peek but the family wants to head your way this weekend. Being that we get snow, might as well have fun in it instead of only plowing it.

I like plowing at night also. Only diesel fumes and engine clatter. Supposed to get 1-3 tonight and another 5-9 inches here from Tuesday to Wednesday. More to come the end of the week too. :)

/ Plowing snow in the dark
VictorW said:
You're about the same as I am in Erie, Pa. How are the slopes? Normally go to Peek-n-Peek but the family wants to head your way this weekend. Being that we get snow, might as well have fun in it instead of only plowing it.

I like plowing at night also. Only diesel fumes and engine clatter. Supposed to get 1-3 tonight and another 5-9 inches here from Tuesday to Wednesday. More to come the end of the week too. :)

Skiing is supposed to be great at Holiday Valley, except the WALL is closed due to an avalanche.

Spot lights were installed with the cab and are REALLY nice. I saw them at Tractor Supply.

It really is peaceful and so nice to be warm while plowing. Other years, it is always a rush but I have been just relaxing and taking my time this year.

One hitch...the wife has noticed I am taking longer to do the driveway and commented how nice a job I am doing but then....she followed up with, "that looks like fun. you really do need to show me how to use your tractor"

oh boy!!!

/ Plowing snow in the dark #6  
My wife has no interest in driving my tractor, especially since it has a clutch. Another reason for having a manual transmission.;)
CBB, it looks like you do most of your snow removal with a FEL and a backblade? I couldn't tell what model Kioti it is?
We are still snow free here in central Pa.

/ Plowing snow in the dark #7  
You're in serious danger of losing quality tractor time. You've got make appear more like work. Maybe pinch a finger in the cab door, come in the house out of breath, rub sore muscles, think of something quick or all is lost...... Mine has not expressed an interest yet. But she's been driving my truck to work, gotta fix her brakes tomorrow so I can save my Silverado. She's getting to like it too much. Good luck :)

BTW, only a little token white stuff here. Could use a little more for winter time fun, w/tractor, skis, showshoes, sleds, etc....

/ Plowing snow in the dark #8  
Oleozz said:
My wife has no interest in driving my tractor, especially since it has a clutch. Another reason for having a manual transmission.;)
CBB, it looks like you do most of your snow removal with a FEL and a backblade? I couldn't tell what model Kioti it is?
We are still snow free here in central Pa.

Yeah, the clutch/shuttle helps. :D

/ Plowing snow in the dark #9  
My wife was a little skeptical when I first bought the tractor. So to show her how nice it was and what it could do, I said give it a try. Instantly, the hst and easy power steering was a hit. Her reply was, this is much nicer than the Ford 8n. She mainly uses the loader as her wheelbarrow so I haven't lost much seat time.

/ Plowing snow in the dark
williekioti said:
You're in serious danger of losing quality tractor time. You've got make appear more like work. Maybe pinch a finger in the cab door, come in the house out of breath, rub sore muscles, think of something quick or all is lost...... Mine has not expressed an interest yet. But she's been driving my truck to work, gotta fix her brakes tomorrow so I can save my Silverado. She's getting to like it too much. Good luck :)

BTW, only a little token white stuff here. Could use a little more for winter time fun, w/tractor, skis, showshoes, sleds, etc....

You are too funny. I am reluctant to admit that the missus has me figured out completely and such subterfuge is futile.

Notice the spot lights in the back--those are really helpful.