Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30 #1  

IslandTractor

Super Star Member
Tractor
2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH
Well, I finally got a direct response from Kioti Customer Service and the rep provided me with a useful update on the loader repair program. I reviewed a number of issues with him and told him I would post a summary of the discussion.

First, the letters have not yet gone out to customers. The reason is that Kioti discovered (apparently after sending the letter to dealers) that there were some wrong size/type bolts in the first batch of repair kits (all 2000 kits:eek: ). This is in the process of being rectified and the appropriate replacement bolts as well as an additional 2000 correct kits are "on the water" and expected in about 2 weeks. Presumably they will send the customer letter once they know the appropriate kits are in hand.

Second, there is ongoing discussion at Kioti regarding extension of the repair window beyond April 30. Obviously they need to change the date because of the delay in getting the kits out but they are also apparently reconsidering the overall time period to make it easier for customers and dealers to comply. The flip side of this is that they set the deadline initially to insure that dealers/customers did not postpone making the repairs so I suspect they will still have some deadline.

Third, there has been discussion at Kioti about accommodating customers who want to install the repair kit themselves and just have the dealer order the parts for them. As you can imagine there is concern at Kioti about liability for incorrect installation etc but I got the sense that they were likely to approve such an option perhaps with a signed waiver of some sort.

Bottom line is that we should not expect letters to go out for up to a couple more weeks. They already have thousands of letters prepared and stuffed in envelopes but it is likely they will need to redo those before sending due to the above mentioned timeline and program options changes anyway.

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30 #2  
Thank you Island Tractor, for keeping us informed, and for taking the time to gather the information.

I appreciate your efforts!

CT_Jeff

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30 #3  
CT_Jeff said:
Thank you Island Tractor, for keeping us informed, and for taking the time to gather the information.

I appreciate your efforts!

CT_Jeff

I think for the most part that companies have good, or at least reasons behind what they do. It is nice that they have let some people know. I think the lack of communication is the general problem here, not the cracked loader fix. Not knowing is the hardest thing to deal with.
I'm glad they contacted you. That was a good start.

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30 #4  
IslandTractor, Thank you for sharing what you found out. I think Rico hit the nail on the head. Kioti just needs to communicate better. Not knowing what is going on makes it seem like Kioti forgot about us. Maybe they do things different in Korea.

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30 #5  
Fine detective work and excellent reporting. Sounds like you may have missed yer calling...:D

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30 #6  
rback33 said:
Fine detective work and excellent reporting. Sounds like you may have missed yer calling...:D

Yeah, looks like we got a new pointman. Go Island! :D

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30
Has anyone received a letter from Kioti yet? I got an update Jan 30 by phone but expected to hear via letter mid Feb. Nothing yet. Seems like they should have gotten the program off the ground by now even with the "wrong bolt" delay problem.

Anyone had their loader repaired yet?

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30 #9  
Nothing Here....Must be some pretty special bolts!:rolleyes:

/ Update on loader repair program from Kioti Jan 30
PaPaGus said:
Nothing Here....Must be some pretty special bolts!:rolleyes:

Maybe they are self swimming bolts and are making slow progress somewhere in the North Pacific.