definition

/ definition #1  

MoKioti

Another newbie question, what does "amp" mean?

/ definition
Here's one example, "Same thing for repairs and such - who pays, how much, & when? I understand the desire to reduce the cost."

/ definition
And another "I'll call him tomorrow & get the parts sent over."
I keep seeing this term and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

/ definition
OK thanks, that was driving me crazy.

/ definition #7  
In that context, it really doesn't mean anything, especially to a computer dummy like me. I think that's just an HTML Code and think it may just be a code for an ampersand (&) meaning "and". When TBN changed to the current format or programming, some of the old posts have things like that.

Very good; someone typed fast than I.

/ definition #8  
"Amp" for an old guy like me is short for ampere which is a unit of electrical current measure. Used to describe, for instance "the cranking amps of a battery" or "the outpit of an alternator'. It is also used in "Ohns Law" which is "1 volt X 1 amp = 1 watt". Don't know about the other explanations, but that's mine and it's been that for me for over 60 years.

/ definition #9  
County Sawyer said:
"Amp" for an old guy like me is short for ampere which is a unit of electrical current measure. Used to describe, for instance "the cranking amps of a battery" or "the outpit of an alternator'. It is also used in "Ohns Law" which is "1 volt X 1 amp = 1 watt". Don't know about the other explanations, but that's mine and it's been that for me for over 60 years.

Musta had a couple extra brown pop when I said above that the formula for watts was ohms law. Ohms law is volts = amps X ohms. Hope I didn't steer anyone wrong.