loader bucket and load

/ loader bucket and load #1  

Limecuda

Silver Member
How much weight can you pick up before the bucket will bend? I plan on unloading my 800lb plow by throwing a chain around the bucket and gently lifting it, but I do not want it to collapse or something. Am I being to cautious or will it be fine? CK30 by the way.

/ loader bucket and load #2  
Do you have buckets hooks? Try to attach the chain to a few points on the bucket in order to disperse the weight. That should work.

/ loader bucket and load #3  
I believe the hydralics will quit before the metal will bend.

/ loader bucket and load #4  
I won't dare tell you how much I lifted with the FEL bucket (KL1223) on my LK3054 but lets say it was way over your 800 lbs. No bent metal or anything. I will however admit to lifting a 1000 lb chipper out of a crate with a chain wrapped around my bucket. No problem then either. I say don't sweat it.

/ loader bucket and load #5  
Limecuda said:
How much weight can you pick up before the bucket will bend? I plan on unloading my 800lb plow by throwing a chain around the bucket and gently lifting it, but I do not want it to collapse or something. Am I being to cautious or will it be fine? CK30 by the way.

My 7.5 ft. Western Pro plow weighs about 680 pounds and I move with no strain at all. In fact I hardly know it is there, so just chain it so it doesn’t swing or substantially shift and you should be all right.

/ loader bucket and load
I just wrapped the chain around the bucket and it did fine. I appreciate the responses. I just didn't want a crimped bucket.