CK20 Rear Remote Install

/ CK20 Rear Remote Install #1  

KAB

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20
Getting tired of using the front (power beyond ports?) to hook the Backhoe up to, I decided to add rear remotes. The price for the kit wass about 263.00 (I bought the kit late lasst year). With nice weather yeaterday I decided it was a good project to get out of the way for the year.

It took about 3 hrs to complete. I know i didn't rush it since I had no injuries when done:) .

Pics attached:

Directions 3rd step - I scanned (what would fit) the "Install" part of the directions

Valve Closeup - Closeup of the control valve. (sorry, I forgot about the camera until this stage)

Valve Wideshot - The seat had to be removed, even though this photo shows it installed. The seat has to come off in order to loosen the cross brace under the fuel tank in order to insert the lines to the remotes. (sorry no photos of seat off or line routing under the seat area).

Tire on Dolly - I used a car dolly under the tire to make it easier to move around. For the safety police - there is a jack stand underthere :p .

Rear Remotes - After all is installed. Notice the lines to the left of the quick connects. Installing these lines were probably the worst part of the whole installation.

I will probably add a Hydraulic Top Link in the next month or so.

Kurt

Attachments

• Directions 3rd step.jpg
    Directions 3rd step.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 829
  • Valve Closeup.jpg
    Valve Closeup.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 727
  • Valve Wideshot.jpg
    Valve Wideshot.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 881
  • Tire On Dolly.jpg
    Tire On Dolly.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 826
  • Rear Remotes.jpg
    Rear Remotes.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 898
   / CK20 Rear Remote Install #2  
Looks like a good project. Just think of the money you save doing the work yourself. :D

/ CK20 Rear Remote Install #3  
Nice job. I did a set of dual remotes to my CK30hst last year. Taking the fender off like you did made things go easier. The metal lines going to the rear were a PITA. When I attached the QDs to the fittings, mine leaked a little. I had to remove them and reassemble using teflon tape. The rear remotes are definately nicer to have for the backhoe.

/ CK20 Rear Remote Install
Derek, the labor savings is probably pretty nice, more importantly I have money for more toys(tools).

Victor, I wish they made duals for the 20. To get the rear lines in place I actually loosened the rear cross brace from the left fender as well. That is probably why I escaped with no injuries. During my first test to make sure there were no leaks I had leaks at both connections at/near the QD's. A quick measurement of the nut sizes and a trip to Tractor Supply to get a 22mm wrench and all is fine.

I forgot to mention earlier that I was surprised that there is a detent in both directions. No need to rig some way to hold the lever in either direction.:)