Backhoe Purchasing a backhoe, need advice

/ Purchasing a backhoe, need advice #1  

jsharrard

Tractor
Kioti CK25 HST
I've got a 2 year old CK 25 HST w/FEL that I've been very happy with. Now I'm wishing that I'd purchased it originally with a backhoe also.

My FEL is a Rhino 2407TL rather than the normal OEM KL 130

The dealer I'd puchased the tractor from has gone out of business, so I can't really go to them for advice.

There is a new dealership nearby that is a Kioti/IngersollRand/Bobcat dealership. They are a full service dealer and are very helpfull, however they don't sell Rhino equipment.

I'm trying to determine what my options are for choosing a backhoe. The difficulty I'm having is finding out if the sub-frame mounting kits for the various backhoes I'm looking at will fit with the existing Rhino FEL mounting kit.

Option #1
Go with the Kioti dealership and order up either a KB2365 or KB2375 backhoe.
Will the subframe be compatible with the Rhino 2407TL FEL ?

Option #2
Go with a Rhino backhoe to match the Rhino FEL. It would seem obvious that they should be compatible. However, there is not a real good Rhino dealer nearby who can answer the question definitively. They don't have much experience with the Kioti side of the equation. The Rhino website is useless for tryig to figure this out.

Option #3
Go with a Woods backhoe. Good dealer nearby, but again not much experience with a Kioti with a Rhino FEL. They can certainly kit a sub frame kit for the Kioti, but can't tell me if it would be compatible with the Rhino FEL

I realize, that a good fabricator could work something up that would work, but I'd rather have a main-stream, bolt on solution.

It's also a serious time hassle for me to arrange for a truck/trailer combo large enough to put the Kioti on the trailer and then drag it around to all the dealers for options #1,#2,#3 for them to say it's a "go" or not.

Anybody out there with this situation figured out ?

Thanks,

John Sharrard

/ Purchasing a backhoe, need advice #2  
I run a Kubota with a Kubota FEL and a Woods BH. I don't think a different brand from your FEL makes a lot of difference. From my experience one thing I would consider if you can get a correct answer is subframe ground clearance.
If all you have is level ground then not a problem. I ran into difficulty last year during mudseason and only 5-6 inches of ground clearance.

/ Purchasing a backhoe, need advice #3  
Because you went with a rhino loader...
Here are your only options.
The Rhino subframe will bolt to the Kioti backhoe, which I can ship to you or your Kioti dealer.
You can get a Rhino backhoe and subframe which I can ship to you or your dealer.
If you would like more info on what I am talking about just give me a call it will be much eaiser to explain it to you.
Rick
(570)689-7494

/ Purchasing a backhoe, need advice
With Ricks help, we were able determine that the Rhino FEL has the same sub frame bracket mounts as the normal KL 130 FEL. (just a different color was all :) . The stock subframe from Kioti will bolt right on with no modifications. I ordered the Kioti backhoe today

Thanks Rick for your help with figuring this out.

/ Purchasing a backhoe, need advice #5  
Anytime ;) :D