Hydraulic Transmision change

/ Hydraulic Transmision change #1  

casey lb1914

Tractor
Kioti LB1914
Doing my first hydraulic/transmision, filter change soon on a LB1914. The manual gives several brands to pick from but I'm having trouble finding the brands in the manual. Is there any reason the Travellers brand fron TSC would not work? It's called Premium Universal Hydraulic Fluid, it states that it is a single fluid for transmisions, differential, and wet brakes as well as the hydraulic system. Is this a quality fluid or is there a better option? And If there are any (tricks or watch out for's) before I start the project that might avoid a problem. Thanks

/ Hydraulic Transmision change #2  
casey lb1914 said:
Doing my first hydraulic/transmision, filter change soon on a LB1914. The manual gives several brands to pick from but I'm having trouble finding the brands in the manual. Is there any reason the Travellers brand fron TSC would not work? It's called Premium Universal Hydraulic Fluid, it states that it is a single fluid for transmisions, differential, and wet brakes as well as the hydraulic system. Is this a quality fluid or is there a better option? And If there are any (tricks or watch out for's) before I start the project that might avoid a problem. Thanks
The fuild from TSC , I have used it on my ck30 with no problem. Just make sure you have a large enough container to catch the old fuild

/ Hydraulic Transmision change #3  
casey lb1914 said:

Usually what a manufacturer calls for is what meets their "minimum" spec's. There are usually better options just like there is with engine oils and grease. Some better than others, just make sure it at least meets the manufacturers minimum spec.

What does it list in the manual?

/ Hydraulic Transmision change #4  
It said Shell Donat in my CK30HST manual and that's what I got!

Mike

/ Hydraulic Transmision change
THe manual states Multi-Grade Transmission Fluid

Chevron - Tractor hydraulic fluid
Exxon - Torque fluid 56
Mobil - Mobil fluid 350
Pennzoil - Hydra-tranz and wet brake
Quakerstate - Tractor hydraulic
Shell - Donax T-4
Texaco - TDH oil
Union - Hydraulic/ tractor fluid
Valvoline - Unitrac
Where would you find the "Minumum" spec's for this tractor? There's alot to chose from, but finding it on the shelve's is another story. I've called my local Kioti dealer and as usual it's a "not sure". Pennzoil would be my first pick if anyone has seen it out. Thanks again

/ Hydraulic Transmision change #6  
It looks like their basically just using a standard UTF oil. So, that being the case you should be fine with the TSC UTF unless you want to upgrade to a premium oil.