Buy new KL130 loader arms?

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #1  

twigpig

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I am thinking about buying a new set of loader arms with torque tube for the used CK30 I just bought. The torque tube has substantial cracks and the tractor is only one year old. I can get the replacement arms and torque tube for about $1,000. The dealer got the replacement arms in last October. I don't want to take a chance on a new torque tube cracking also. I thought the new KL130 torque tube went all the way through to the outside of the arms. The loader arms I am considering does not have this. The dealer said the only difference on this one and the one I have is that the gussets for the inspection plate extend beyond the opening. Does anybody know if the newest KL130s have a torque tube to the outside of the arms or is this just on the larger loaders?
Does anybody have the bolt on fix that like it or trust it in the long run? The dealership that sold this tractor was very quick to point out that the loader warranty is nontransferable. I just ordered $350 in parts to fix broken parts on this tlb. Many were caused by the operator but some are design/manufacturing flaws. The other option is to use this tractor this year and sell it for what I can next year and buy a B26. I won't buy another Kioti now that I have seen how they have stood by the loader failure. I took a chance and am trying to make the best of it.

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #2  
I wouldn't buy new loader arms. When they finally get their act together and offer the torque tube repair/strengthening kit, it should be free to all KL120/130 owners. I'd just use that. If by some chance (my confidence is also dropping) the loader cracks get worse after installing the kit, that would be the time to fork out $1000 but not before giving the free kit a chance.

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #3  
Sorry to hear you'r not happy with that purchase, I thought it was a heck of a deal at $ 13, 500. Are you up and running now with the new hoe parts ? My loader works fine even with the cracks. I would wait and see if you can get the Kioti fix when it comes out. Have a blast with it till then. :)

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #4  
twigpig said:
I am thinking about buying a new set of loader arms with torque tube for the used CK30 I just bought. The torque tube has substantial cracks and the tractor is only one year old. I can get the replacement arms and torque tube for about $1,000. The dealer got the replacement arms in last October. I don't want to take a chance on a new torque tube cracking also. I thought the new KL130 torque tube went all the way through to the outside of the arms. The loader arms I am considering does not have this. The dealer said the only difference on this one and the one I have is that the gussets for the inspection plate extend beyond the opening. Does anybody know if the newest KL130s have a torque tube to the outside of the arms or is this just on the larger loaders?
Does anybody have the bolt on fix that like it or trust it in the long run? The dealership that sold this tractor was very quick to point out that the loader warranty is nontransferable. I just ordered $350 in parts to fix broken parts on this tlb. Many were caused by the operator but some are design/manufacturing flaws. The other option is to use this tractor this year and sell it for what I can next year and buy a B26. I won't buy another Kioti now that I have seen how they have stood by the loader failure. I took a chance and am trying to make the best of it.

Did you buy that tractor over a year ago before the whole loader issue started? If you just bought it, the loader issue has been well documented and should not be a surprise. Good luck with your future purchases. The loader tube on the new units does go all the way through. There are pictures on here somewhere.

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #5  
HODAK said:
Did you buy that tractor over a year ago before the whole loader issue started? If you just bought it, the loader issue has been well documented and should not be a surprise.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that everyone knows about this issue. Remember that some dealers are still selling loaders and you can bet that some of those dealers are not about to tell customers about the cracks. Also, not everyone reads TBN as can be seen by twigpig's low post count.

Is the loader warranty really not transferrable? Too bad, though I don't think that will be much of an issue with a defect such as this.

If you buy a new set of loader arms be prepared to receive them all beat up and scratched. They ship the arms loose and throw it from truck to truck. I have seen a set of shipped arms, not pretty.

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #6  
twigpig said:

Try this picture courtesy of Country Sawyer (hope I spelled that right)

Steve

Attachments

• paducahfarmshow2007f.jpg
    paducahfarmshow2007f.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 367
   / Buy new KL130 loader arms? #7  
Excellent picture and improvement to the loader frame.
Thanks

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #8  
I am sure that a good welding shop could make satisfactory repairs for a price far more reasonable that $1,000.00. What is needed is to stop the progression of the current cracks e.g. drill a hole where the crack currently end and then weld or braze the existing cracks. You could then fabricate a 3/16 or ¼ inch plate with a service opening, that sufficiently spans the existing cracks and extends a half a foot or less from the arms and weld it into place. Make a sheet metal cover then paint and go to work with it. If it holds you save some serious money, time and aggravation. If it doesn’t work, which I doubt, hopefully by then the new loader arms will be available.

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #9  
If you'd like to see pictures of the new loader design for the KL120, go to Home

/ Buy new KL130 loader arms? #10  
Highbeam said:
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that everyone knows about this issue. Remember that some dealers are still selling loaders and you can bet that some of those dealers are not about to tell customers about the cracks. Also, not everyone reads TBN as can be seen by twigpig's low post count.

Is the loader warranty really not transferrable? Too bad, though I don't think that will be much of an issue with a defect such as this.

If you buy a new set of loader arms be prepared to receive them all beat up and scratched. They ship the arms loose and throw it from truck to truck. I have seen a set of shipped arms, not pretty.

Oops, you are right that not everyone reads TBN, but twigpig new of the problems a month before his purchase. At least, I believe that is what one of his previous posts said. Anyway, good luck to him on his next purchase.....