hydraulic cooler leak

/ hydraulic cooler leak #11  
Twig,

I think you have your answered your own question as to why the dealer wants to see the tractor.

twigpig said:
The tractor was riden hard and put away wet.

How does the dealer know that it was not leaking prior to your purchase of the tractor and the prior owner just told you to wait a while and get it replaced under warranty? This happens in the auto industry probably more often than admitted to. It probably has nothing to do with you, but with the prior owner. The dealer does not want to be charged back and then not be able to collect from you.

How about asking the dealer to let you replace the part (after paying for it), send them the old, and then if they get reimbursed from Kioti you get your money back? Yes, I know you are taking a risk but it is an option that I have heard many truck (class 6,7,8) and car dealers offer to customers. I have even seen where the dealer sends a check to the customer after they get reimbursed.

Just an idea.

Kurt

/ hydraulic cooler leak
KAB.
Actually the hydraulic cooler was leaking when I bought it from the original owner. It just took me a little while to figure out where it was coming from. Short of a stick being rammed into it which there is no evidence of it is a defect and covered by the warranty no matter who owns it now or owned it before or how hard it was worked. A defect is a defect. I don't see how this can be damaged mechanically or by accident since it is between the battery and radiator. No fins are bent. I really can't tell for sure where on the cooler the oil is coming from but it is not squirting out the front. Most of it is coming out the back but the engine fan is probably pulling it that way. And it is getting progresively worse. If it was damaged by an operator I would think that the preasure that this system operates under would leave no doubt where the leak was coming from. I am somewhat releived since now I know it is not something more difficult to fix like an engine seal. I am ordering a new one from Wallace Tractors. Wallace got back to me with a price but it was too late for me to get back to them to pay for it until Monday.

/ hydraulic cooler leak #13  
Twigpig

Did you ever get the warranty transferred from the previous owner to you ? I assume you did, I just went thru this and had to bring a copy of the 'Bill of Sale' to the dealer and he did the paperwork.
I'm in the same boat as you with no trailer but my dealer offered to send his mechanic to my place to do the service checks or anything that could be done outside his shop. He also brought up the issue of the loader defect and said I should hear from Kioti soon.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is, my dealer seems to be treating me very well even though I didn't but the tractor (CK25) from him. I hope this works out for you.

Harvey

/ hydraulic cooler leak #14  
I would think that photos of the tractor's serial number, and evidence that the part was removed from that tractor should allow the dealer enough confidence to submit the warranty claim without having the tractor in the shop. Why wouldn't they be willing to swap out the defective part then for a new one??

I think Kioti needs to be flexible in situations like this as they simply do not have the best dealer network in the industry (I'm talking numbers here). Asking owners to transport their tractors at their own expense hundreds of miles for minor repairs is stupd and frankly a great argument for the Big 3 companies to make when selling against Kioti.

If the dealer cannot be persuaded to be more reasonable, I'd call Kioti customer service and plead your case.

/ hydraulic cooler leak #15  
Yep, all good advice here. Many of us could be facing a similar dilemma for the loader repair kit - warranted but may require transport to dealer for fix. Hopefully the dealers can work something out for each of us.

In this case, keep trying. It doesn't seem to be an issue whether or not the defect would be covered, but rather one concerning verification of the tractor serial number from which it came. Seems the dealer could find some fair middle ground. After all, if he does right by you, you'll give him your business going forward. However, one must be reasonable, and consider the dealer's point of view. He cannot be expected to lose money here. If you can't work with this dealer, try another.

/ hydraulic cooler leak #16  
coasterez said:
Seems the dealer could find some fair middle ground. After all, if he does right by you, you'll give him your business going forward. However, one must be reasonable, and consider the dealer's point of view. He cannot be expected to lose money here. If you can't work with this dealer, try another.

I presume that if the part is under warranty then the dealer will be reimbursed by Kioti for the full cost of the part. I don't see any downside to the dealer doing an exchange of old part for new except that they might be concerned about running afoul of some corporate Kioti policy. That is why I think it is the corporation that needs to facilitate this sort of thing.

I wasn't going to bring up the loader reinforcement/repair kit installation in this thread but in fact the issue is virtually identical. Why should an owner of a warrantied machine shell out hundreds of dollars in transportation and wasted transport time when they are willing to do the installation themselves. Corporate Kioti needs to come up with a reasonable policy that protects their interests (like having a customer sign a waiver) while better serving those customers who would rather spend an hour with a wrench in their hands rather than a day or two hauling a tractor around to the nearest (distant) Kioti dealer.

/ hydraulic cooler leak #17  
Hydraulic cooler leak! same thing happen to me about two months ago,it appears the hose feeding the rad are made of solid steel and tend to crack over time, I had mine replace with the new flexible line available from kioti...cag

/ hydraulic cooler leak #18  
Cag, do the new flexible lines replace the bent steel lines that lead from the cooler all the way back? Mine aren't leaking but they are rubbing up against the loader subframe and I sometimes worry about them wearing through.

Were they pricey?

/ hydraulic cooler leak #19  
Highbeam said:
Cag, do the new flexible lines replace the bent steel lines that lead from the cooler all the way back? Mine aren't leaking but they are rubbing up against the loader subframe and I sometimes worry about them wearing through.

Were they pricey?
HB to answer your question it's not the section of bent steel lines under the tractor that tends to crack or fail, but the section that lies each side of the battery, in my case this is what was change under warranty, I don't know how much for the part, I never ask...cag

/ hydraulic cooler leak #20  
Oh I see what you mean. I noticed the bulkhead type fitting there where the lines poke through the metal "floorboard" but I didn't realize that the line was actually sperated there. My bulkhead fittings are pretty rusty from the leaky battery. I won't fix it if it ain't broke.