hydraulic cooler leak

/ hydraulic cooler leak #1  

twigpig

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
It looks like my CK30 has a leak in the hydraulic cooler. Its between the radiator and the battery. I don't see why this would develop a leak. Are they repairable or do I need to get a new one? It's about a drop every ten seconds. Today is the first day I have actually got to use it. I noticed something was leaking before and I've been playing find the leak ever since. It was raining like snot when I bought the tractor so it was impossible for me to tell what was water and what was other fluids.

/ hydraulic cooler leak
I searched tbn again using different key words for other people that had this problem and found a couple that had to replace the cooler. Ok. So I call Peninsula Feed Company in Port Orchard WA and ask for a new one since this one is leaking. They said sure the tractor is under warranty but I would have to haul it the 104 miles to their shop so they can make sure it is a manufacturing defect and nothing punctured it. My reply is of course is; It is between the battery and the radiator. How in the world is something going to puncture it? I asked them to send me a new one and I would bring them the old one or I could just take the old one out and bring it to them and then they could give me a new one. No, they said I have to bring the whole tractor the 104 miles for warranty parts. I have read so many good things about the Kioti and the dealers here on TBN I just assumed I would have the same experience. My mistake. Buyer beware!

/ hydraulic cooler leak #3  
Brad, being you bought that tractor from a private party , no dealer of any brand is going to take someones word for damage over the phone, especially if you didnt buy the tractor from them. Unfortunately the previous owner had damaged several things on the tractor as you posted in the past, you really cant blame the dealer here.

Last edited:
   / hydraulic cooler leak
I don't see why the fact that this is a second hand tractor relieves the dealer from honoring a warranty for a defective part without undue hardship to the owner. I am willing to bring the part to the dealer. I can take digital pictures if that would help. I just don't think it is reasonable to haul a tractor over 100 miles for this type of repair. I do not have a trailer or pickup capable of hauling it. Since other people have also had the same problem it would indicate there is an issue with the hydraulic cooler. This is a relatively new tractor. And yes I can blame the dealer. I would not expect this treatment from the big three. If I had bought a Chinese tractor with their reputation I would expect this (no offense to Jinma owners). However, I bought a Kioti with a transferable warranty. A brand that gets glowing reviews from tbn members. Either this brand lives up to members reviews or it does not. With the exception of Wallace tractors my experience is it has not.

/ hydraulic cooler leak #5  
You are expecting too much of the dealer. Now had you bought it from the dealer, then I would have expected some consideration on their part. However, you did not. And when you bought it you knew you didn't have a means to trailer it such that when required you'd have to find a way to get it there. Neither the dealer nor the mfr. can be blamed here. However, you might have some luck if you pressed your issue with the owner of the dealership (assuming you haven't done so already). Explain, ask for help, be nice. Catch more bees with honey and you might need him again down the road.

How much is the part? Might be cheaper to just buy it rather than pay for transport costs.

/ hydraulic cooler leak #6  
coasterez said:
You are expecting too much of the dealer. Now had you bought it from the dealer, then I would have expected some consideration on their part. However, you did not. And when you bought it you knew you didn't have a means to trailer it such that when required you'd have to find a way to get it there. Neither the dealer nor the mfr. can be blamed here. However, you might have some luck if you pressed your issue with the owner of the dealership (assuming you haven't done so already). Explain, ask for help, be nice. Catch more bees with honey and you might need him again down the road.

How much is the part? Might be cheaper to just buy it rather than pay for transport costs.

That says it all COASTEREZ. I'm sure the dealer has a way to transport, just like he would do for any other KIOTI owner with a warranty issue. Can you expect the dealer to travel over 100 miles for free? (I'm sure this statement could generate all sorts of responses, "my dealer traveled and gave me .....free, free..."). It certainly can't be common practice to run around for free or their would be even more tractor dealers out of business.

Also, if you're not happy with any brand, there are many available - go shopping. Maybe that's what the previous owner did? Ask the price of buying the part like coasterez mentioned. That makes sense.

/ hydraulic cooler leak #7  
I have had excellent service from dePratt equipment even though i live in seattle and they are in kansas.
Since they have helped me in instances such as yours I buy all the parts I need from them.
I'd immagine a replacement cooler cant cost "that much".
I'm in the same boat where the nearest dealer (who doesn't answer the phone) is 80 miles away from the tractor and i don't have a trailer

/ hydraulic cooler leak
I already emailed to get a price for the cooler yesterday. Waiting on a response. Since the selling dealer is not stepping up I am not giving him another cent. I don't get it. If your not the original buyer a warranty doesn't mean squat. What does transferable mean? I did not even ask for the dealer to transport the tractor. That is unreasonable. I just wanted him to send me a new cooler or exchange the bad one when I brought it in. That sounds reasonable to me.

/ hydraulic cooler leak #9  
I have dealt with Penninsula Feed. In fact I bought my Kioti from them. They are a small shop and this is the busy time of year. Look at it from their point of view, they got a call from a stranger that wants a part just mailed off to them. They wouldn't be able to verify the serial number of the tractor or whether the warranty is valid unless the tractor is in their shop or they sold it to you. It would be a stretch for them to trust you here.

Have you tried another dealer? Maybe a closer one? Understanding that any dealer will have to go out on a limb here.

I forget where you are in WA but if you are close, then maybe I can help you out with my truck and trailer. As mentioned, maybe just order the part.

/ hydraulic cooler leak
Thanks Highbeam. I am up in Gold Bar. Too far. But thanks anyway. I did talk to this dealer before about the cracked torque tube. He actually has a new set of loader arms that I was considering buying but they are the old style, not the new ones with the tube to the outside and gusseted. It is the tractor that is warranted not the owner. He looked up the tractor by the previous owners name and said yes it is in warranty. I am sure he knows that the previous owner sold it because he wanted to trade it in for a new, larger tractor perhaps a yellow one. They would not give the previous owner enough in trade so he sold it to me. The tractor was riden hard and put away wet. But a defect is a defect and a warranty is supposed to be a warranty. Have any CK30s even been around long enough to be out of warranty? I think Jennings Equipment is the closest Kioti dealer which is still a long way away. Jennings did not sell the tractor so I would expect even less of a satisfactory response from them.