Oil & Fuel oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ?

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #1  

n1wjr

Tractor
KIOTI DK 35
Hi ,I have a new 2006 dk35 I driained the front axle puled the two plugs at the bottom and the top plugs,put them back in and started to refill the book says it holds 2.0 gals. so i put one in and started on the second and it was full at 1.25 gals. ??
but after mesuring the old oil thats what I got out of it?
SO I called Kioti and told them about this I thought mabey my book was out of date or somthing and they are going to get back to me,the guy I talk to did not know of any changes Kioti had made so he was going to call the factory,and get back to me.

I just want to warn others before they waste there oil or over fill there font axle

also my book says I have check plugs,but I have two sight glasses to tell the oil levle.

has anyone else had this problem?
thanks Matt

kioti DK35,Box Blade,wood spliter,72inch finish mower,heated cab from cab depot!

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #2  
I had that happen on my CK30! So I drove it around a liitle bit, pulled it back in the garage and let sit a few minutes then checked the sight plug and the oil was below it so then I just added more oil to the half way mark and all is fine now. I think it's caused by air trapped in the outer axle housing etc.

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #3  
I had the same experience as Dirthauler only on a CK25

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #4  
You need to drive it around a bit and then re-check. I believe your check plugs are also known as sight glasses. You should check the level periodically for a while and it most likely level off.

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #5  
Fill until you see it in the sight glass, allow 10 to 15 minutes for the oil to drain from the axle tube into the outer hubs. You will have to repeat this 3 or 4 times to get the proper level.

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #6  
You might also notice that the factory puts what looks like
clear hydraulic oil in the front axles, but the manual calls for
gear oil. It is also very hard to see the level of clear hyd oil
in the sight glass. Gear oil should be easier to see.

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #7  
I took a slightly different approach but also found that the manual was wrong.

I lifted the front end of the tractor with the loader and drained each hub while spinning the wheel and rocking the front axle on its pivot. This get's all the oil out.

Do the same thing while refilling to be sure to let out bubbles and allow oil into all the nooks and crannies. Still though, I needed to add at least another half a quart after a day's use.

The front axle took way more than the manual states but still only comes up to the site glass center. It is possible that you didn't get all the old oil out if you just pulled the plugs.

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #8  
Highbeam said:
I lifted the front end of the tractor with the loader and drained each hub while spinning the wheel and rocking the front axle on its pivot. This get's all the oil out.

Good idea. Now I wish I had done that. I am still topping up my front
axle...3x so far. Maybe 4th time will do it as the level has again
dropped below sight glass.

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ? #9  
The only carumby part of the job is sucking diesel exhaust while you are down there making sure to get it all. Also being careful to stay out from under the elevated front end. Maybe I could have shut the engine off but I wanted to keep the hydraulics energized.

/ oil capacity in dk 35 front axle ?
well my dealer and the rep from kioti did not call me back today?
So I still have no word from them.
when I did the oil change I did pull the two bottom plugs and the two filler plugs on top, and let it drain for over two hours,And all I got out was 1.25 gals ?
The guy from Kioti told my to jack up the front and turn the tires , but it did not help.
I had to drin some out to get the level right.
This is not a big deal to me but its a waste of oil and time,if they did make a change then they should updat the manual.
thanks
matt