Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti.

/ Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #1  

twigpig

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I had to burn a pile of stumps and branches today. they have been accumulating since I sold my Case 580. Nan wasn't very happy with me buying a "new" used tractor. But after today I don't think I'll hear any complaints. She really likes how easy the hst is to use. Nan marveled at the fact that it has a cupholder. Her old 88 Mazda MX6 didn't have a single cupholder and neither does my 89 Ranger. We just baught her an 07 Accord a few weeks ago which has cupholders everywhere. Twigpiglet just got home from school so she jumped up with her mom real quick for a photo-op. I am trying not to run the tractor very much until I get a new hydraulic cooler but I had to burn the pile before things dry out very much around here.

Attachments

• image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 409
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 398
   / Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #2  
Looks like fun! Great pics.

/ Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #3  
Now how does that saying go..."If momma happy everybody happy" ;)

/ Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #4  
You're doomed, doesn't look like she'll let you back on "her" tractor.

/ Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #5  
Looks like you already lost your lower front grille piece! Mine has seen some pokey sticks but is still mostly intact.

Good to see some work getting done.

Here's my Kioti burning last June. I saw how close the tress were to your burn pile. You can see in my photo that tree to the upper right that was licked and killed by the fire.

I can't wait for the mud to dry up.

Attachments

• shrunkburn5.JPG
    shrunkburn5.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
   / Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti.
I have a new grill piece sitting on my front porch along with a new Kioti grill guard from Wallace Tractors. But I don't want to put them on until I change out the hydraulic cooler. Easier access without them on. That's how I got my wife to come out and help. Her job was to warn me if any sticks came close to the front of the tractor. I persuaded her to get on by giving her a choice. She could wrap the chains around the smoking stumps or drive. It didn't take long to decide. Once she was on she picked up the loader controls quickly and before we knew it she was shoving stumps in the burn pile. She is self admitedly severely mechanically challenged. I don't get it. It must skip a generation because her dad can build or work on just about anything and helped out a lot in our house building project (he's a retired MD).

Last edited:
   / Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #7  
There is no way I could get Mrs Oleozz on my tractor and I guess that's a good thing!:rolleyes:

/ Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #8  
After looking again at Twigpig and Highbeam's pics I have a question, What do you use to get your brush piles burning well? I hate to use old tires because of all the smoke and pollution. Do you use diesel fuel or do you have another "trick" that works well? Thanks.

/ Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #9  
Keeping burnpiles going can be difficult. My most successful technique is to use a shop vac on blow with a 5 foot peice of capped on one end 3" pipe with holes drilled for air to escape attached to the end of my flex hose. Stick it in the pile and you will be in pyro heaven.My backpack blower works but has its hazards. The shop vac works perfect.

Cota

CK30 gear

/ Mrs. Twigpig likes the Kioti. #10  
I don't know if this is the right way to do it but here is a link to my burning slash thread. Lot's of photos there and discussion.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/82008-burning-slash-look-ma-no.html

Here is a photo of my preferred method when no power is available. I have big floor fan for burning with power. The logger had a gas engine powered firefan that was required by the fire department for my premitted burn.

I have actually melted plastic on the blower, it gets very hot and you can watch the pile shrink. The blower only uses a little bit of 2 stroke fuel and is easy to pack to the jobsite. I have found that the best way to start a slash fire is to build a large campfire out of regular dry firewood until you get a good coal bed going and then push a pile of clean slash on top. Then pour a little diesel on as needed. I start all of my fires with the propane weed burner contraption from HD or HF which throws 500,000 btus and will start dirt on fire.

Attachments

• shrunkburn2.JPG
    shrunkburn2.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 218