KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE?

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #1  

NORTHMAN

HI,I'm a landscaper and my power equipment dealer just started selling Kioti tractors,I have a few questions,please.How durable are they for commercial use?How do they compare to other brands?How fast can I get parts if needed?I'd be using the tractor for brushhogging small fields,snow removal,landscape constuction(moving dirt and rocks) and skidding some small trees,which tractors should I look at?I sat on a CK20 and didn't have enough leg room,as the HP does the leg room get more?Thanks for any help.

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #2  
Quality is excellent and I think they will hold up well to commercial use. However, they are heavy, and that means they require bigger equipment to haul them around. For this reason, there are better choices for mowing. But for digging, ground engagement, and traction, they are hard to beat. Try the CK30 or CK35 on for size.

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #3  
I personally have not seen anyone on this site mention using their Kiotis for commercial use but there are some dealers that post here who should be able to tell you if they sell to commercial guys and how they have held up.
As I'm sure you know there are tractors that are made more for light commercial work like the Kubota L39 and L48 but as Coasterez has mentioned the quality of the Kiotis is good. Many of the folks who post here are doing the same thing with their machines that you want to do but probably on a smaller scale. I think a 30 or a 35 would be a good fit for you.

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #4  
I have some guys using a DK 45's and 55's for construction use.
I also have a small town using an LB1914 for the water and sewer dept.
They also us it for snow removal in the winter.
Also a couple of customers using CK30's for commercial use.
Everything seems to be holding up well.
As stated above, the CK35 would be a very nice fit for you.
Lots of HP, small package, alot of nice features.

BTI

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #5  
NORTHMAN said:
HI,I'm a landscaper and my power equipment dealer just started selling Kioti tractors,I have a few questions,please.How durable are they for commercial use?How do they compare to other brands?How fast can I get parts if needed?I'd be using the tractor for brushhogging small fields,snow removal,landscape constuction(moving dirt and rocks) and skidding some small trees,which tractors should I look at?I sat on a CK20 and didn't have enough leg room,as the HP does the leg room get more?Thanks for any help.

The tractors themselves are built very well. I've used my CK25 HST with a Harley power landscape rake(model T4??.. can't recall) to do lawns. The Kioti has been great, only breakdown has been by my lack of attention. I didn't realize I had a huge boulder under pushing against my tierod. After taking it off, it was heated and straightened, put it back on and it's still working fine.

I used the Kioti to put up my 120' retaining wall in back of my house. Granted it couldn't pick up the 4000lb pallets, I used 80lb bricks:D. I used the backhoe to dig the trench and bring the gravel up with the loader and spread it.

I also use it for my driveway when it snows. I have an old used "other orange" snowblower on the back. With the front loader and snowblower it kept my driveway clear. And I have a ski slope from a driveway!

To your parts question.. I have to say it's more about the dealer. If they carry a good selection of parts, then you should be fine. They can have parts shipped by UPS from the Kioti HQ in North Carolina if they don't have the item. It should take anly a few days to get if the dealer doesn't have it.

Overall.. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Only thing might be a bit more horsepower. Like a Ck30/35.

Just my 2 cents,

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #6  
I sat on a CK20 and didn't have enough leg room,as the HP does the leg room get more?Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Northman

I have the CK25, I'm 5' 10" tall, I find the leg room a little tight, espically (sp) when using the gas pedal, otherwise great tractor.

tina's husband

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #7  
tina said:
I sat on a CK20 and didn't have enough leg room,as the HP does the leg room get more?Thanks for any help.

Funny, I'm 6'5" and have no trouble with legroom on the CK20. Maybe I have short legs.:D

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #8  
I know a couple guys that use 'em professionally and they've held up just fine. I work mine hard and have no complaints. I think they're as solid as they come, but the difference being I don't work mine every day on different worksites.

Like the others have said, if the ck20 feels cramped try out the ck25/30/35 frame size for more space, adjustable seat and steering wheel come in handy. If the guy is your regular place to buy from he should have no problem letting you play around with one for awhile to get a feel for it. Good luck, happy shopping.

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #9  
I have a buddy who is a contractor and has an LB1914 w/ BH. He has had it for about three years and uses it all the time doing everything from moving material to digging foundations, trenches,etc. I know some of his crew operate it as well and may not be as careful as he would be and he has never had a problem with it, except for the ones he created! As for leg room I have plenty on my CK 25. Good luck

/ KIOTI FOR COMMERCIAL USE? #10  
Hi Northman,
I have a lot of customers who use several different size Kiotis for there business. The uses are greatly varried, but rest assured I have some guys who really hammer their machines. I can honestly say that I don't see any trends for more maintenance or repairs from any of these guys.
I have some tractors I have not seen in years, just the customer picking up filters and such.
I would not hesitate a minute to put these tractors to work as long as you realize and use them for what they are intended. They are not Constuction Kings.
Where are you from? I may be able to get you in touch with a few people who use and abuse these machines, in a effort to help your "New Dealer"
Good Luck,
KiotiDave