LB1914 axle capacity

/ LB1914 axle capacity #1  

gladehound

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DS4510HS, Exmark Laser Z, Kioti LB1914
Does anyone know the axle capacities (front and rear) of an LB1914 or where I can find them? This could impact how I choose to move some rocks on my property. The loader may be able to carry 1000 pounds in the bucket low to the ground but is the front axle actually designed to handle this weight over bumpy terrain?

Options:

1. Carry with loader
2. Carry with 3 pt carry all
3. Drag

/ LB1914 axle capacity #2  
my dealer told me if it will pick it up it will haul it!
I had asked him if there were some way to turn up the power to the loader,and he said you might beable to do it,,,,but the tractor was not made to haul more weight,then it can pick up now on the fel. because of weight on the front axle.
Another thing he told me was the number on the FEL. is the weight it will hold mine on my DK35 is a KL 1450 witch means Kioti loader 1450 is the weight capacity 1,450 Lbs. I dont know if this is true for yours but I
Hope this helps you.
matt

/ LB1914 axle capacity #3  
My KL120 is only good for 120 pounds? :eek:

/ LB1914 axle capacity #4  
In the manual for my new KL1210 loader it states: The Lift Capacity to Full Height @ Pivot Pins is 850 lbs. The Breakout Force @ Pivot Pin is 1,620 lbs. and the Relief Valve Setting (Loader Control Valve) is 1900 lbs. I do not believe that they would design a loader for more than the tractor can handle but you have to remember that all those weights are at the pivot point. I believe you have to figure 30% less so the 1620 would be 1134 in the bucket. The Lift Capacity of the 3 point hitch is 1323 24" aft of hitch, lb(kg). In my opinion you are getting very close to maximum for the tractor. I hope this helps. Bill

/ LB1914 axle capacity
n1wjr - We know that all dealers provide accurate information all of the time. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't believe the loader model number has anything to do with lift capacity any more than I would believe that the front axle is rated to carry whatever the FEL can lift. Remeber, a loader lifts the back of the tractor and may be able to put 150% of it's break out force on a front axle depending on geometry. On most tractors the weight on the front axle will far exceed it's rating.

I'll provide an example. Years ago when the JD 4100 was new, the specs on the web sit listed the front axle capacity at 1000 pounds. If you figure that the front of that tractor weighs at least 500+ pounds and the loader with bucket adds 600 to that weight. You exceed the axle rating before you even pick up anything with the loader. The loader for that tractor has a break out force of 2000 pounds and probably can put and additional 3000 pounds on the front axle - making the weight on the front axle 4x the rating. Interesting enough, when I investigated at my local JD dealer, I asked how the front axles held up on these new 4000 series tractors with loader work. They said somthing like "good, except the 4100. We've had several come in with front axle problems". This is an extreme example, but it seems to hold true to a lesser extent for most if not all tractors. I certainly holds true for all tractors I have investigated. Proper ballast off the 3pt can aliviate this problem but in an extreme case like the 4100, it can't fix the problem.

Now the front axle on the 1914 looks a lot beefier than the one on a JD4100. But knowing the load it is designed for would be helpful.

Incidently, this just shows how important it is to have ballast behind the rear axles instead of in the tires. Balast in the rear tires does nothing to remove weight from the front axle. Typically the back axle is rated for more than the front. However, not all the time. There are exceptions. For example a JD 2305 has a higher front axle capacity than rear axle capacity.

Knowing the front and rear axle capacities will allow me to ballast in a way that is best for the longevity of the tractor parts. I tend to work equipment as hard as it will work. So I want to make sure I am putting the stress on the strongest part of the tractor.

Just looking at the LB1914, I would guess that the rear is rated for substantially more than the front. The components are massive compared to the front. But this doesn't always translate to ratings due to the geometry of the design and quality of the pieces.

Another thing that makes me believe that the rear is stonger is that Kioti recommends 700 pounds of ballast when operating a loader. If that 700 pounds is off of the 3 pt. the when the loader is empty, that is a significant load to be held on the rear all the time while hitting bumps etc.

If the rear is supper strong and the front is very weak, you could hang the maximum 1300 pounds, 24" behind the link ends on the 3 point. Making the assumption that the distance between the front and rear axles and the rear axle and center of weight on the 3 pt is the same (just an assumption) this would removed 1300 pounds from the front and put an additional 2600 pounds on the rear. I would do this but am not sure the rear is designed for this load all the time. Sure it can lift it, but lifting it once versus hanging it there all the time are two very different things when it comes to wear on the long haul.

So really, I need to know the actual axle load ratings. :confused: I can do the math. ;) Without knowing these ratings, I guess I will hang the recomended 700 pounds on the 3 pt when doing heavy loader work. I already have 540 pounds of fill in the rear tires. So the little tractor will have some serious weight.