Backhoe ck20 backhoe performance?

/ ck20 backhoe performance? #1  

Grand_Pooba

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230 & John Deere X324
I'm planning on getting a new tractor later this summer I like what I've read about the Ck20 HST. I'll be using it to clear my driveway, very long country driveway, in western NY. I live in the "snow belt" south of buffalo and snow removal can be a daily task. I also take care of a small cemetery down the road. I currently sub contract someone to dig the graves but I could help justify the cost of the tractor if I did it myself. The CK20 bachoe is rated at 6'-6". Can anyone tell me if this is a "generous number". Do I need to go to a bigger tractor? The 20 really fits my price range.

Thanks
GP

/ ck20 backhoe performance? #2  
as far as digging depth that is its maximum. As far as its peroformance, the backhoe is stronger then the machines wieght will handle sometimes. I have had no problems or complaints with mine. I have a 12" and a 16" bucket and the work just fine. Even in clay i can dig a 3' deep trench with the 12" in about 4 passes heaped. If grubbing stumps that is where the wieght of the machine becomes a factor. I have physically picked the front to the tractor up unless i have the loader full and i have even did it once with it loaded. But i havent hit a stump that is reasonable to the size of the machine yet that it will not handle. If you buy one make shure you get the pads for it. One guy had the thread here showing ithem. Else you will slide the machine all over the place. One con and supposedly the newer ones have fixed it is that the main brace bolts constantly work loose and you have to tighten them. Otherwise no real problems. I have had to rebuild all 4 spools on the levers due to faulty neopreme seals. However they have released an oversized oring that corrected the issue and no problems since.

/ ck20 backhoe performance? #3  
I haven't used mine alot only having the machine for about six weeks now. But before buying my own tractor, I had used two friends machines for some time here at my home, both over 40 hp 4X4 tractors with backhoes. The ck20 hoe has been very impressive the short time I have used it, hope it continues to impress. Can't verify the diggin depth as that really doesn't come into play for me,,,good luck

/ ck20 backhoe performance? #4  
Grand_Pooba said:
I currently sub contract someone to dig the graves but I could help justify the cost of the tractor if I did it myself.

I would think you'd need a larger hoe with more reach. I think the smaller hoe will require repositioning which could cause more damage to the surrounding area during spring/mud season. What size hoe do people use in your area?

/ ck20 backhoe performance? #5  
James Little of Little Tractor has a customer who digs graves with an LB1914.
You might get the guys number from him.

/ ck20 backhoe performance? #6  
The issue here is how deep the KB2365 will dig. I believe most backhoes are rated at a depth that they can dig a flat bottom for 2 feet or so. That means that to get maximum depth you would need to move the tractor every two feet. I am not certain about that standard and Kioti does not explain what they mean by rating the KB2365 at 76.5 inches but I think my explanation is basically correct.

I have this backhoe but I've never had to dig a defined depth and I am usually digging only 4-5 feet down but reaching much further as I remove stumps. I've attached a photo to show what the backhoe can do. The hole and all the stumps in it were dug up in one long afternoon. Soil is sandy so that made it a bit easier. After needing to dig a big hole to get a twin stump out I decided to bury that stump and the others in the hole. I took the photo a few days later and water filled the hole up but it was about 5 ft deep and probably 10x10 feet across. Enough room to bury half a dozen decent sized stumps.

Attachments

• IMG_2976 small file stumps in hole.JPG
    IMG_2976 small file stumps in hole.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 224