KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ??

/ KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ?? #1  

glick

I know the woods will work as it is light but the KK is much cheaper but much heavier. Both are rated for the HP of the ck20 but it is the weight I am worried about.
THanks

/ KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ?? #2  
I went through the same thing last year trying to decide on a tiller for my CK20H. The KK recommends 20-35 PTO HP for the 48". The CK20H only has 16.5 PTO HP. Probably because it is so heavy. I bought a First Choice RT04-52". Its lighter yet wider and works great on my tractor. I did like the Woods but it was a couple hundred dollars more than the First Choice. I also liked the CCM but it too was more money. I was on a tight budget. Hope this helps.

John

/ KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ??
Who is the distributer for the First Choice in your area as I'm am near Auburn, NY.
THanks

/ KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ?? #4  
glick:

Welcome to TBN :D! You should check out CCM. Jay

/ KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ?? #5  
I don't remember who the dealer was around here. I actually bought my RT04-52 direct from First Choice. Last year when I was ready to buy no one had the 52". I called the company and because of the lack of them at dealers they sold me one directly. I picked it up at the trucking company's terminal in Syracuse. It was blue but it didn't matter to me. My snowblower is red but it still does the job.

/ KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ?? #6  
The 48" Kioti works well behind the CK20HST it is also offset.

BTI

/ KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ?? #7  
glick said:
I know the woods will work as it is light but the KK is much cheaper but much heavier. Both are rated for the HP of the ck20 but it is the weight I am worried about.
THanks

Glick,
I have the CK20H with the KK48 from TSC, paid $1100+ last summer.
I looked at many brands and specifically picked the KK because it was GEAR drive with a slip clutch, it was heavier built,cost less than others.
The CK handles the weight just fine , in fact makes a great counter balance when doing loader work. ALSO when landscaping or removing soil , the tiller does a great job of loosing the soil so its easy to scoop with the loader. I've even used it to loosen up packed gravel ( pretty rough riding but it works).
As far as power ,in most soil you can run 2000 to PTO rpm's, if real heavy wet clay ,you'll want to run full throttle and back off on speed with the hydro. I've only stalled it a couple times in very heavy wet clay. Oh yeah I did stall it when I hit an old fence post and a big root and wrapped them up.!!

Glick, if you'd like to try out my CK and 48KK email and you can take a drive to Rochester and play ,oops, try mine out.
Joe

/ KK II 48" Tiller or woods gtc52 on a ck20hst ?? #8  
I was able to rent a 60" landpride chain drive for my CK30 this weekend. The rental charge was very reasonable. Hard to justify buying one when the rental was so cheap.

I had never rototilled on a tractor before but I was very pleasantly surprised at how smoothly and quickly that implement turns a junky field into smooth seedbed.

I ran full PTO rpm, full depth tilling, low range and low speed. Never killed the engine but I was purposely going slowly to make sure that all the sod was adequately whipped up into a puree.