Kubota Riding Lawn Mower

/ Kubota Riding Lawn Mower #1  

The Gardener

Gold Member
Might some of you be able to share some exeprience(s) with a Kubota riding lawn mower [a 48" MMM deck] that you could offer.

I need to replace a rather disappointing Sears riding lawn mower. I am looking for a long term mower that can mulch the grass better than the Sears mower. I am assuming that Kubota riding lawn mowers are just as well built as their farm tractors.

Many Thanks!
The Gardener

Approximate Price???

/ Kubota Riding Lawn Mower #2  
The Gardener said:
Might some of you be able to share some exeprience(s) with a Kubota riding lawn mower [a 48" MMM deck] that you could offer.

I need to replace a rather disappointing Sears riding lawn mower. I am looking for a long term mower that can mulch the grass better than the Sears mower. I am assuming that Kubota riding lawn mowers are just as well built as their farm tractors.

Many Thanks!
The Gardener

Approximate Price???
Yes Sir. Visit their web site and you'll see the selections they offer that will meet most needs. The diesel burners are nice and have the nice $$ to go with them. I think their gassers are adequate for lawn mowing. Their small machines are reliable and long living.

/ Kubota Riding Lawn Mower #3  
I think if your budget will let you I would go with a Zero turn (Diesel).It could possibly be the last mower you will ever need.Put down what you can and get low 0%interest on the rest.
Donny

/ Kubota Riding Lawn Mower
Hi Don,

Out of curiosity, how do the Kubota F-series lawn mowers compare to the Kubota z-series mowers???

Many Thanks!
Matt

/ Kubota Riding Lawn Mower #5  
I started out last season with a ZG. Gas powered zero turn. It did "ok". I wasn't to crazy with the way it cut though. This is on approx. 5 acres of lawn with lots of trees. Even keeping the blades extra sharp didn't seem to help.
I traded it in on a ZD326p Diesel this season, and man, what a difference! Its like cutting with the 60" MMM on my BX now. Beautiful cut and plenty of power. And I love all the upgrades they did to the new models this year. Makes maintaince so much easier! Oh, and it only took about 2.5 gallons of diesel to do the whole yard. The gas mower took almost the whole tank (5 gal).

The only thing I was disappointed with was with the dealer. They handed me a checklist of everything they had supposedly done to prep it for me, but when I checked the lube points, most everything was empty. Maybe they pumped their grease gun a couple times or something, but it took a lot of grease on my part to fill things up when I did it. Of course this is a new dealer I had to deal with this year as my old one went out of business. :mad:

Anyways, I'd say it will depend on the size of property you are going to cut. I think the gas powered zero-turns would be good for smaller plots around an acre in size.

Thanks VRMan!

This gives me yet another option to consider. We have two needs: a small TLB and a new mower. I prefer separate machines. I may use our present mower for another season and pursue the TLB, first. I do like Kubota for both machines.

/ Kubota Riding Lawn Mower #7  
If I were getting a dedicated mower and I already had some type of tractor thing, I would not look at anything BUT a ZTR. They are amazing machines capable of cutting your mowing time by over half versus a "regular" mower. Especially if you have trees.

I can get around with my BX (very quick and maneuverable and has a super-wide deck), but I drove my cousin's ZD21 once...WOW what a machine. Simply amazing.

Of course you will hopefully amaze yourself a little bit for ~$10,000. Be a bummer if you didn't, I guess.

He mows ~4.5 straight acres in about 2 hours, I think.

~4.5 acres is very close to my present cut, and we're clearing more woods next year to develop more open field space.

I definitely need to upgrade. The riding mower is no longer practical. I would need to locate a used zero-turn mower. With a *used* B21 as our first pursuit as early as this July, we'll make do with the riding mower for one more season. Next spring, I will look to see if I can locate a used zero-turn mower.