Price Check fair price on kubota l2800?

/ fair price on kubota l2800? #1  

wisc

2006 L2800 2wd non hst.
46 hours still under warranty.

Asking 7500.

No accessories. Is this good, bad or ugly?

thanks

/ fair price on kubota l2800? #2  
Sounds too good to be true. A local has an L2500 2wd with 50hrs. and a belly mower for $9,000, and it's nowhere near as good looking as an L2800! But hey, if it's legitimate, see if he'll let you take it to a good Kubota shop for a once over (at your expense, of course).

/ fair price on kubota l2800?
Hey Family man this is at a local Kubota dealer. He sold the 2800 to a gentleman about a year ago and the guy came back wanting a bigger tractor.
Now I must decide between a L2800 2wd or L3400 4wd.
Thanks for your help.

/ fair price on kubota l2800? #4  
Yeah, that's not bad, Wisc. As I recall, you were going to bush hog and disc on flat ground with your tractor. Without 4WD, you'll probably want fluid in the rear tires for traction and you'll probably want weights on the front to counterbalance the bush hog. If it doesn't already have these, you should find out what it'll cost to add them. Filling the rears with good stuff (not CaCl) usually runs $250 around here.

Make sure it's rated to handle a 5 ft. bush hog (I think it is) and whatever size disc you're planning to use.....the Owner's manual has a table of max. implement sizes. Also, make sure the dealer will warrant the PTO clutch for at least a year following your purchase. Some posters here have had recurring problems with L2800 PTO clutches....though I believe the issue was with HST transmissions, not gear.

4WD is generally worthwhile with these light tractors, but it sounds like this tractor will meet your basic needs for a quite reasonable price.
Bob