Looking at A Kubota B6200

/ Looking at A Kubota B6200 #1  

aspenbanjo

Hi all,
I am looking at a Kubota B6200 (15hp, 4x4, no implements). Clean, no new paint, no seat splits, 450 hours (rolled over???), domestic machine. Owner is asking 6,600 for this machine (Canadian Dollars). Several Questions:
1. Is it adequate for my needs? I have a 5 acre hilly property and need to finish mow 1 acre, rough mow 1 acre, clear snow on sloped gravel driveway, drag logs out of woods, pull dirt with blade, and pull loaded utility trailer full of brush or wood. Anyone had experience with this horsepower on similar tasks? (I am not planning on getting a FEL)
2. Is this a fair price (6600 CDN or about 6000 US Dollars). I know it's hard to say without seeing it, but what does your gut say as far as a ballpark price?
3. What can I expect to pay for a used 'Brush Hog' style rough mower?
4. Is it realistic to want to run a brush hog with this thing?
Thanks,
Gary

/ Looking at A Kubota B6200 #2  
The 15 HP engine will limit your capability. For what you have described, I tend to think it may be a bit shy of meeting your expectations and needs.

/ Looking at A Kubota B6200 #3  
Too small and too much money. For comparison's sake, within the last 3 years I purchased a B7200D with a 5' massey RFM, 5' rhino rear blade, with 700 hours for $5K, and a B8200D with a BF300A loader and a woods RM59 RFM for $4500. The 7200 was cherry, but with only 17hp and 400lb 3pt limit, couldn't do much 'real' tractoring. The 8200 was in rough shape and needed a couple fluid changes to make it happy, but is a much stronger tractor overall.
whodat

/ Looking at A Kubota B6200 #4  
aspenbanjo said:
Hi all,
I am looking at a Kubota B6200 (15hp, 4x4, no implements). Clean, no new paint, no seat splits, 450 hours (rolled over???), domestic machine. Owner is asking 6,600 for this machine (Canadian Dollars). Several Questions:
1. Is it adequate for my needs? I have a 5 acre hilly property and need to finish mow 1 acre, rough mow 1 acre, clear snow on sloped gravel driveway, drag logs out of woods, pull dirt with blade, and pull loaded utility trailer full of brush or wood. Anyone had experience with this horsepower on similar tasks? (I am not planning on getting a FEL)
2. Is this a fair price (6600 CDN or about 6000 US Dollars). I know it's hard to say without seeing it, but what does your gut say as far as a ballpark price?
3. What can I expect to pay for a used 'Brush Hog' style rough mower?
4. Is it realistic to want to run a brush hog with this thing?
Thanks,
Gary

1. The tractor could do what you want but you'd be better off with a little more power and size.
2. The price is way too high... even if in great condition.
3. This really varies.... $200-500 would probably be in the range for a used 4' cutter.
4. Yeah... you can. I ran a 4' cutter with a 16hp HST tractor without any real problems. You won't get it done real quickly if it's grown up much.. but it'll do it. A 42" cutter might be a better match.