Buying Season?

/ Buying Season? #1  

Vaulter98c

Im in the process of refitting a 16ft trailer (64" wide for 19" at the front, will the bucket fit?) for a B26 purchase, and Im wondering if there is a time that could be considered "tractor season"?

Im going to be leaving for Boot/AIT in July, and won't be back until March-ish , but will be ready to buy as soon as I get another job. I have the money, but will proboly got 3 years at 0% to help build my credit, unless cash upfront will get me a better deal. I was just wondering, whats a good time to buy tractors? IS there a good time?

Also, do you think its a good choice? I was leaning towards a B3030 with a cab and an aftermarket BX-80 Woods hoe, but the 26 isn't as top heavy ( I hear ) and it's got a lot more power in hydraulics than the 3030's. I have ~15 acres of land, with about 3 uptop, 4 down below, and the rest is a huge hill in the middle. Lots of trees to take down, nice sized, but most under 2' ( will take it slowly and properly, I know I can't brute force it ) so I need the extra BH and Loader capacity. Tractor will be working in tandem with a old Case backdragging and my truck with a 6ton winch and 6.6ft utility bed to acomplish everything I need to do. Sound like a sound choice?

Also, last, but do you think that the 26's will be cheaper next year, since they will be more instock and not a new product??

Much Thanks, great place here

/ Buying Season? #2  
Vaulter98c said:
Im in the process of refitting a 16ft trailer (64" wide for 19" at the front, will the bucket fit?) for a B26 purchase, and Im wondering if there is a time that could be considered "tractor season"?

Im going to be leaving for Boot/AIT in July, and won't be back until March-ish , but will be ready to buy as soon as I get another job. I have the money, but will proboly got 3 years at 0% to help build my credit, unless cash upfront will get me a better deal. I was just wondering, whats a good time to buy tractors? IS there a good time?

Also, do you think its a good choice? I was leaning towards a B3030 with a cab and an aftermarket BX-80 Woods hoe, but the 26 isn't as top heavy ( I hear ) and it's got a lot more power in hydraulics than the 3030's. I have ~15 acres of land, with about 3 uptop, 4 down below, and the rest is a huge hill in the middle. Lots of trees to take down, nice sized, but most under 2' ( will take it slowly and properly, I know I can't brute force it ) so I need the extra BH and Loader capacity. Tractor will be working in tandem with a old Case backdragging and my truck with a 6ton winch and 6.6ft utility bed to acomplish everything I need to do. Sound like a sound choice?

Also, last, but do you think that the 26's will be cheaper next year, since they will be more instock and not a new product??

Much Thanks, great place here
I wouldn't buy a machine early before you left and allow the warranty clock to tick. Wait until late. I have not seen a distinct tractor season (prices and promos are always the same) there's just a season for advertising and marketing, all the same prices. Nothing is getting cheaper, but that (IMHO) would be the sacrifice for the warranty. Wait now (warranty wise) buy later.

/ Buying Season?
ok, didn't make that clear, thats my bad

I was trying to say that when I get back, March 08 ish, Im going to be buying a tractor, not right now. I know its dumb to buy it and let it sit. Yea, I was wondering if there is an opertune time to buy, if I should get it in March or maybe wait for "tractor season". Sorry I didnt explain that real well, I was kinda rushed earlier.

But do you think the 26 will go down in price a bit since it wont be a new model? Or just become more readily available? Also, 26 a good choice? Ive read many good B21 stories...

/ Buying Season? #4  
Whats drawing you towards the 26? It does not have more hydraulic power than the 30 does... hydraulic flow - yes, but not power. The hoe will just be a touch faster on the 26, and you'll not find many people who are able to run their hoes at top speed. Infact the BH80X has a dial to slow the hoe down.

/ Buying Season? #5  
Here in Canada, I saved about 2000.00 by purchasing a Kubota BX2350 before May 31... 800.00 dollars of that was by paying cash as opposed to financing at 0% for 3 years. Not sure if this runs every year for Kubota or if if only in Canada but it may be worth checking out and the timing may be right for you.

dano

/ Buying Season?
Well, the stock Hoe on the 26 outdoes the stock on the 30, by a nice bit too. The FEL is also better, and with the setup I need, the weight of the unit itself is right on the button. Why spend more money for a 3030 with an aftermarket Hoe and still not have the FEL or Hoe performance of stock 26Kubota equipment (which is covered under the warranty) and it will weigh a bit more? Plus, I really like some of the features of teh 26 vs the 3030. Revolving chair, Standard FOPS, Stronger hoe (than 80x or BH75), Stronger FEL (another big plus to me), Quick detach bucket comes standard for the B26 I hear, which is great cause Im going to have a few front ends, and all in the same physical size. While I havnt personally driven one, I have a good recomendation to me from a friend.

thoughts??

/ Buying Season? #7  
Were you planning on pulling those stumps with the BH? I can tell you from experience that a 2' diamter stump takes a lot of power. The single seat for both the tractor and backhoe is nice. I haven't seen the b26 in person, does it still have the option of dropping the BH to use the 3pt hitch? I think the BH might be closer to the rear wheels on the B26. The BH adds extra weight to the rear of the tractor, going up hills you may find the front end gets kind of light, the further away the worse it will be.

/ Buying Season?
Um, havnt really checked about the removable BH, but it doesnt matter to me, I have 0 interest in PTO. Yea, I know that wierd, but I really have no need for one. And if I ever develop a need for it, Im pretty sure that it will.

** EDIT, yea, just looked it up, it does have the same quick detach feature, so Im good.

Anyways, Ive taken out large stumps on small machines before, smaller than this one. It takes some time and patience, but considering I am proboly the youngest person to be buying a tractor on here, I have nothing but time. Working the roots all around and finally tackling the whole, thats how Ive always done it. I stopped by my land and measured the trees, I was way of on the 2' guess, most are 12-14" , maybe a few 17-19". And, I might not even use the BH for the final removal, I might just chain it out once Ive broken most the roots.

As for back heavy, the loader should act as enough of a counter balance, and if not, a load of clay/dirt will do the trick. Plenty of that to go around lol.

Im trying to find a dealer with a B26 so I can take all the measurements I need to ensure my trailer is built right. Its held more than the needed amount of weight, but I want braces where the rear tires are, and I also need to besure it will fit in general on the trailer, although it should, I would hope lol.

And finally, on topic, Ive heard from a few people that If I try and buy towards the last weeks of winter, after the snow is gone already, that I might save a tiny bit, but not much...

**EDIT
Noticed you have the 580 from Case, isnt that a fun little toy? Just had one for some... smelly... problems I had, and it was just a blast to work with. If I do run into trouble with the roots, I have access to one of those again, but its on his schedule, not mine, and If I REALLY cant do it, my buddy can bring a Kobelco 800 series excavator out and that will get it done, in about 30 seconds LOL. Buying my own tractor will save me so much money in the long run tho...

/ Buying Season? #9  
Sounds like you have a good plan. I was kind of in the same boat, 40 acres of hilly rocky land and plenty of time to build. I was planning on getting a CUT with a BH but after borrowing a friends it just wasn't enough tractor. I'm mostly hardwoods up to 2' in diameter. The real problem was that the land didn't allow for access to every side of the stumps, sometimes you could only reach from one side only.

I bought the 580K from a local auction for $9k, the dozer was another $4k but unlike the BH it's got some wear (the rails are good though). I was planning on selling one or both and buying a Kubota but now I find myself on the fence. Do I sell the 580K or save $3k by not adding a FEL to a Kubota? Having a BH is nice, I've even tried to calculate how many times I could rent something before it would have made sense to just keep the BH.

The real problem is that playing in dirt is fun. Being able to pick up rocks that are too big to put into my 1/2 ton has a thrill to it. My GF says it's a boy thing, she just doesn't get it. For all those who say they get a trill from using (playing) with their tractors all I can say is try using a dozer. Pushing over 12" trees is just pure fun.

/ Buying Season?
nice price on that 580! Also, my old man used to run a 850 series dozer at a train yard, but Ive never ran one personally. Does your BH have the teloscoping boom? I dunno if they all come with them, because mine was a 40th aniversary one, and it was a super L or sumthing like that...

Anyways, yea, trees shouldnt be a problem, and in 2012, the year I get out of the Army, or re-enlist lol, the rest of the land is released from the CRP program. Currently, a little over 7 acres of land is in it, and it includes exactly where I want to build. Annoys me, because I cant touch the trees without buying back the land, that I own, from the government. I understand the need for trees and all, but these are weak trees, most of which Im going to get fined for because they blew over in little rain storms. 1 REAL storm and Im out a lot of money I fear... SO, in 2012 Im going to have a really large transplant season, which the tractor will help me with IMMENSLEY. The trees will only be 4 inches at most, so its just going to be time consuming moving 7 acres of trees but totally do-able...