Price Check B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price?

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price? #1  

Spudgunner

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-23 & Toolcat 5600 D
Hello,
I have a friend who needs to sell his Kubota B7800/FEL. It is a 2003 model as I recall and has, I kid you not, 40-somthing hours on it. It has been living in a barn most of it's life and looks like new. He's asking $12000. I have taken it for a test drive/inspection and it seems mech. sound to me.

Is this a decent price?

Thanks in advance for any help. I already have a BX23 but a B7800 would be nice for some larger CAT 1 implements.

Kevin

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price? #2  
hst or gear?

either way imo that is top dollar for a machine with no warranty or incentives.

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price?
HST. FEL. No implements.
Thanks for the input!

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price? #4  
Spudgunner said:
HST. FEL. No implements.
Thanks for the input!
It's a decent asking price. I'd like to think there would be a small bit of room for haggling seeing that about US$13.5K will land a new one (plus another US$3,500 for the FEL). I know everyone likes to minimize depriciation and losses of initial purchases. It's worth it without a doubt... as for the price being a selling feature? The FEL would be my next consideration of accessories that is inclusive of the asking price. He's probably very close to reason, if not a bit shy with all included considerations.

I always like to have the option of a warranty, however when I buy, I also like to think I have selected a product that has a reputation of not needing warranty work, as such.

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price? #5  
I think it is a good price. Maybe 11 to 11.5k.

Good luck. Have him throw in the 50hour service.

-Mike Z.

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price? #6  
Go for it.

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price? #7  
Seems like a fair price for the B-7800, I just can't figure out what you will use it for? Is there something you can't do with the BX23? Now I would prefer the 7800 so go for it.

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price? #8  
I paid $16,000 for mine (2004 model) in April 2004. It seems that this is a good deal, especially with that amount of hours. The only drawbacks are that the warranty is no longer valid, and if you have to borrow the money you will be paying interest. Check out the price of a new machine to see if kubota is offering 0% financing. If they are, it might be beneficial to purchase a new one in order to benefit from the 0% financing and warranty. Also, keep in mind that it is nearly time for the 50 hour service on your friends machine. If he hasn't performed this yet, figure that into the purchase price. Expect to pay between $100 - $150 for the fluids and filters.

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price?
WayneB said:
Seems like a fair price for the B-7800, I just can't figure out what you will use it for? Is there something you can't do with the BX23? Now I would prefer the 7800 so go for it.

I was considering the 7800 so that I wouldn't have to remove the hoe on my '23 every time I wanted to use the 3-point. Also, Kubota sells a nice front-mount snow blower for the 7800. I have one of their blowers for my '23 and it is a topnotch piece of machinery. Potentially important since I do a snow removal biz during the winter. (I do irrigation work during the summer.)

As an aside, I wouldn't trade the BX-23 for just about anything. The hoe is crucial to my summer time biz... and the whole machine is nice and compact which makes for easy trailering and low impact on the worksite.

/ B7800 (barely used) price check...is this an Ok price? #10  
A near by dealer is asking $11.900 for a 2004 B7800 with 490hrs. I'd imagine 12k is a good price for the one you are looking at.