Newbie--L3240, plus Woods BH9000 vs. BH-90 hoe?

/ Newbie--L3240, plus Woods BH9000 vs. BH-90 hoe? #1  

Jacko

Hello everyone. I've been reading and enjoying all the helpful discussions at TBN for a couple of months to educate myself a bit. And after many visits to the Blue, Orange, and Green dealers, I'll soon be a first-time tractor owner. I've just placed an order for a new L3240-HST, LA724 w/QA mount, Kubota 72" Heavy duty bucket w/ bolt-on cutting edge, R4 tires loaded with Citrus Star, wheels set to widest width (70"), at $21,160. Plus 3rd function hydraulics for the FEL is an additional $900, so I can add a brush grappler. The percs the dealer is throwing in are: engine block heater, a rear work light, cross drawbar, 3 Hooks on Loader Bucket, 1 hook on hoe bucket.

I'm also getting a 9' backhoe. My choices were between a new Woods BH9000 with mech thumb and 18" Gannon bucket, or a Kubota BH-90 with an add-on fabricated mechanical thumb. Both are 4-point subframe mounts, and both cost $7800. I chose the Woods for several reasons: because the seat is adjustable (the Kubota BH90 seat doesn't seem to be adjustable); the Woods bucket and dipper stick cylinders spec out a little higher; the Woods bucket cylinder has the "power pin" setting; plus, the Woods BH9000 has the factory mech thumb as opposed to a fabricated one. I've read some of TBN's threads discussing cylinder issues on the Kubota BH90's (I also read on TBN that Kubota has since made improvements to the cylinders), however since I'm not aware of any cylinder issues with the Woods model, this factor marginally favors the Woods. I believe there may be some marketing hype which tries to promote/disparage one brand over the other. All things considered, either one seems very good, maybe great. The decision between the two was close especially since the hoes were being offered at the same price. Of course, I could have opted for the newer Woods BH90-XT for about a $grand more, but my wallet said no. So, I'm curious to know what you think about my choice of the Woods BH9000 hoe?

I'll be receiving delivery of the tractor and equipment in a couple of weeks, so there's still time to switch hoes, make substitutions or add options.

All comments welcomed.

Thanks for the great discussions!

/ Newbie--L3240, plus Woods BH9000 vs. BH-90 hoe? #2  
Switch nothing! You are getting a great package. I, for one, am jealous!

/ Newbie--L3240, plus Woods BH9000 vs. BH-90 hoe? #3  
I got a BH90 and love it. Both are good it's your choice. The cylinder issues were with the BH75.

/ Newbie--L3240, plus Woods BH9000 vs. BH-90 hoe?
Thanks for your responses and for clarifying which model had at one time experienced a cylinder issue.

/ Newbie--L3240, plus Woods BH9000 vs. BH-90 hoe? #5  
I would also consider warranty info...
but Im sure either way you go, you won't be disapointed. Anythings better than nothing :)