B26 locking front differential-yes or no

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #31  
_RaT_ said:
Well c'mon, talk to me, give us the low down. Like, dislike, indifferent? Please don't say, "its done all I ever asked of it" For some reason that phrase is used around here so much and I feel like responding, "you aren't asking enough" :cool:
RaT
Give us a bit more seat time for a fair and good assessment of the machine. We only have 13 hours on it. Not to use your words that you do not want to see in print, but my own words. It is one heck'ava machine more especially after running a B7100D for 23 years and had tears when it left the Lonely Acre Estate. I am very surprised in it's ability to handle the work we ask of it to do. How is that for an answer in the place of "its done all I ever asked of it" Have a good one and I'll do better after the 2 of us get a few more hours of our butts in the seat. :)
Rat; I do however love the HST for loader work far above the old fashion clutch and brake system more especially with the prosthetic left leg.
The Gotcha Man

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #32  
gotcha said:
RaT
Give us a bit more seat time for a fair and good assessment of the machine. We only have 13 hours on it. Not to use your words that you do not want to see in print, but my own words. It is one heck'ava machine more especially after running a B7100D for 23 years and had tears when it left the Lonely Acre Estate. I am very surprised in it's ability to handle the work we ask of it to do. How is that for an answer in the place of "its done all I ever asked of it" Have a good one and I'll do better after the 2 of us get a few more hours of our butts in the seat. :)
Rat; I do however love the HST for loader work far above the old fashion clutch and brake system more especially with the prosthetic left leg.
The Gotcha Man

You will learn more and more about HST.
For such a simple transmission to operate, there are nuances that you will discover with use. I enjoy it immensely. I cannot think of any transmission that offers you the control and precision loader ability of HST. If there is a drawback it would be that it does require a bit more diesel fuel for a comparable run time with a manual or shuttle.

/ B26 locking front differential-yes or no #33  
_RaT_ said:
WHAT???? Are you the first at TBN with a B26? Talk to me, talk to us. Pictures, likes, wish list, dislikes. Oh yeah you only have 3 hours on it. ;)
It's not my tractor, My buddy down the road from me bought it. He's a grave digger and he does reclamation from several coal mines. I help him out when I'm not putting in yards. I used it for digging check dams in water ways which are trenches that we dig and then place rip rap in for erosion control. Heres my feedback on the tractor compared to a B-21. Like I said though I only ran it for about three hours and only used it to dig 2' deep trenches and then the loader for placing the rip rap.
I like the way the hoe hooks up to the tractor. Like the quick hitch loader bucket and quick hitch digging bucket. The backhoe itself is built heavier and has more reach and digging depth than the B-21's have. It seemed to have quite a bit more power when digging, but the hydrolics were not as quick as the B-21. It is alot more comfortable to run, nice seat, the work lights are very nice. I liked the steel canopy that the B-21 has compared to the plastic one the B-26 has. When running the tractor on an incline, it seemed not as stable as the B-21, but that could of just been me and thought the same when comparing the B-21 to the older B-20's that we used the run. I think it is a very nice TLB and would recommend it to anyone who is consider buying one.