The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT

/ The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT #1  

Huntthomas

Tractor
KUBOTA L2800DT
Hi, Everyone
I have made up my mind, between the Kubota L2800 or the Massey 1528.
I just left the Kubota dealer and the Kubota rep just happened to be there and we had a straight up talk. He filled in the blanks I had, and, I am a New L2800DT Kubota Owner, with a 5' rotary cutter, LA463FL Loader R4 tires, loaded. I looked at it in the crate they need to put it together, it will be in my driveway on Friday. I didnt no you have to buy tires and rims for a tractor?

/ The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT #2  
Congratulations!

Not knocking the MF..it's a great machine (almost bought one myself).. but I think you made a good choice.

We will be expecting pictures by this time next week. ;)

/ The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT #3  
Huntthomas said:
I didnt no you have to buy tires and rims for a tractor?
I considered that part of the price I paid for mine. You serious about that? I mean, they quoted you a tractor price and then said you had to buy tires and rims? Say it isn't so....

Last edited:
   / The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT
gotcha said:
I second that "Say it isn't so" :)
The Gotcha Man
I asked them why my tires cost 1,700 dollars. And if I get the AG tires that come with the tractor as spairs. Suprise Suprise. They stated that a tractor does not come with tires or rims? They stated the stock tire would be the Ag tires and rims. I wanted the R4s so the price for Rims and tires 1,700. I then asked,so what if I buy a stock tractor? They said I will be charged extra for tires and rims. PLEASE PLEASE, if someone knows diffrent let me no, It is being delivered this Friday so mabye I can still work something out?

/ The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT #6  
Been a few years since I bought my Kubota but I remember talking to the dealer about tire options at the time. Most tractors come with a "standard" set of tires, if you want to change to Ags or Turfs or whatever they will normally do that at no additonal charge on say a tractor smaller than a 7800/2910. If you are buying something larger and want an optional set of tires they will normally charge you the difference between the standard and optional tires.

I took delivery of my 2910 with R4's installed, I wanted to purchase an extra set of turfs mounted on wheels and they quoted me $1000.00. I checked a couple of dealers and that seemed to be the ballpark price for a set of turf tires and wheels. Still running just R4's, would like to have a set of turfs sometimes but can't justify the cost.

Dave

/ The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT #7  
Huntthomas said:
I asked them why my tires cost 1,700 dollars. And if I get the AG tires that come with the tractor as spairs. Suprise Suprise. They stated that a tractor does not come with tires or rims? They stated the stock tire would be the Ag tires and rims. I wanted the R4s so the price for Rims and tires 1,700. I then asked,so what if I buy a stock tractor? They said I will be charged extra for tires and rims. PLEASE PLEASE, if someone knows diffrent let me no, It is being delivered this Friday so mabye I can still work something out?
The dealer ask me point blank what tire I preferred. I took the R4, didn't care for it and three weeks later (still less than 5 hours on the machine) they traded me for turfs. I paid US$74 for the shipping. Done deal.

/ The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT #8  
I think you should compare the total OTD price with another area dealer. You may have a fair deal, but switching to R4s shouldn't cost $1700.

/ The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT #9  
When I priced out the B3030 I told the dealer how I wanted it configured, tires and all and he gave me a quote. My next question was what if I go with the industrial tires, his reply was, " same price." I'd make a price compare with other model owners to be sure or call another dealer.

/ The winner is KUBOTA L2800DT #10  
The Jan. 2007 Kubota list price pdf shows the price for:

"* * * EQUIPMENT IN STANDARD MACHINE * * *"
TIRES AND WHEELS
Front 7.00 x 16 R1
Rear 11.2 x 24 R1

L2800HST-R (rigid ROPS) 13655.00
L2800HST-F (foldable ROPS) 12703.00 (<-- typo?? 13703.00?? see list below)

In the tire option table they list the "Price with Tire Option" as:

R1 L2800HST-R (rigid ROPS) 13655.00
L2800HST-F (foldable ROPS) 13703.00

R4 L2800HST-R (rigid ROPS) 14187.00
L2800HST-F (foldable ROPS) 14235.00

Turf L2800HST-R (rigid ROPS) 13553.00
L2800HST-F (foldable ROPS) 13601.00

It looks like the basic tractor price is with R1s. I think the R1 foldable price in the tire option table is correct. The price in the standard listing may be a typo. I copied it from the list but I suspect it may be wrong.

The "tires and wheels" price per piece is also given:
r1 front 213.00
rear 356.00

r4 front 204.00
rear 631.00

turf front 169.00
rear 349.00