Default Kubota F3680 Mower

Can someone please explain to me why the kubota F3680 offers heat but not A/C in the cab.

Since it's a lawn mower for many more months [in most regions] than it's a snow thrower, it would certainly seem to make sense that A/C would take equal or higher priority than heat. Heat is simple to incorporate. I understand that. But, I have to think that their sales of the F3680 would increase with A/C as an option.

I don't know anything about installing a compressor and the necessary parts to add A/C to an existing design like the F-series. Could Kubota retro fit an external housing for the compressor, find a way to add a pulley and belt, and thus add A/C without a total re-design?

The Gardener

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: Kubota F3680 Mower

As with most things, anything is possible! Would the approximate cost of 3,000 scare you from buying a machine so equipped? We do sell a few and air conditioning here in the northeast has not been a requested option yet which would also make a demand for them to be so equipped. The bulk of the aftermarket cabs have no provisions for air.

Default Re: Kubota F3680 Mower

Would the approximate cost of 3,000 scare you from buying a machine so equipped?

Since the next lightest option would be a B3030 with a cab, A/C, a 72" MMM, and no FEL, I'm not immediately thrown by the dollar figure. However, I would certainly have to weigh out the two choices. They'd be close in cost, I suspect.

We do sell a few and air conditioning here in the northeast has not been a requested option yet

I gather these folks are not buying a cab, or they are only installing the cab for winter use. It would seem nearly impossible to ride in that cab without A/C on a hot, sunny day.

I have not been in a cab version. Even if the doors come off, paying for a cab to only offer shade would certainly not make sense.

The Gardener