buying b2910 in the morning

/ buying b2910 in the morning #1  

After going through all the decision making that everyone at TBN goes through deciding which tractor to buy I've made my decision. I'm buying a B 2910 in the morning from my local dealer, Gold Country Kubota, in Auburn Ca. I'm getting the 2910 with an 402FL for the base price of 17,267. I'm also getting a 5 foot bushhog brand field mower, a beautiful woods 60 inch finish mower with chains, the fl1271C 50 tiller w/clutch, and a 60" wood box scraper with rippers. The grand total, with tax, comes to 24,605.29. I haven't asked for any perks from the owner Wayne yet but I'm thinking of hooks on the loader and filters for my 50 hour service. Thanks to all of you at TBN that gave me your honest opinions and user experience and knowledge. If you can take the time to give me your opinion of my "deal" sometime today before Sat morning I would really appreciate it much. I know Steve Carver could of save me the tax, but I figure my local dealer's knowledge, support, and friendship was worth buying locally. Thanks Ed

/ buying b2910 in the morning #2  
Run out and get some film and a bottle of bubbly before the stores close! Congratulations! You'll have a ton of fun, er...I mean you'll get a lot of work done!

Pete

/ buying b2910 in the morning #3  
If you manage to get to sleep, pleasant dreams /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

/ buying b2910 in the morning #4  
Ed
You have chosen a great tractor ./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Next you will have to wait for it to be delivered. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ buying b2910 in the morning #5  
Prices don't sound bad, but of course, I don't know a lot about California prices, amount of tax, nor which models of the brush hog and finish mower you're getting. Anyway, sounds good to me and that's a nice package. I don't know whether the dealer will do any better or not, but in addition to the filters, you might think about things such as a toothbar for the loader bucket and the Workshop Manual and Illustrated Parts List. The parts list and workshop manual go together very well. Have fun.

/ buying b2910 in the morning #6  
<font color=green>I'm writing this in green because....you guessed it! I'm GREEN with envy /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif. Congratulations on your new addition! Have fun /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif!</font color=green>

/ buying b2910 in the morning #7  
Welcome aboard and congrats on your buying decision, Ed.
smile.gif

I'm afraid I don't know much about 2910 pricing, but that's a heck of package you got picked out there. I gotta warn you, though -- you're not alone up there in the gold country. Besides myself (in the Jackson/Sutter Creek area), there's a number of <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/searchmembers.pl?action=search&search=calif&by=location>other folks here</A> who are close enough to run over and borrow some of your goodies /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

If you've been following this board, as you say you have, then you know the complete tractor package includes a digital camera so's you can share your machinery with the rest of us.
wink.gif

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

/ buying b2910 in the morning #8  
Ed,
Welcome to TBN and congrats on your new B2910. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
New month and a new tractor and your already for spring.

/ buying b2910 in the morning
Thanks guys for the tips. I didn't think of a workshop manual etc. I bet they cost a weeks worth of lunch money, and I always enjoy a free lunch a lot more. No one mentioned a hat, aren't we all supposed to get an orange BB cap? Ed

/ buying b2910 in the morning #10  
Ed, the two manuals together cost me $126 for the B2710 about 2.5 years ago. And when I bought my B7100 in '95, the dealer gave me a Kubota cap without my even asking for it, but when I got the B2710, he didn't give me one and I didn't think to ask./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif