b3030 weight

/ b3030 weight #1  

skipperbrown

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota b2650, bx2200, L3940 (gone), New Holland FWD TN85, RTV 900
I am seriously considering upgrading from my bx2200 to a b3030. My only issue besides cost is whether I can transport it w/ my little 6 cyl suv/dual axle 5000 lb trailer w/ brakes. I have no problems w/ the b2200 w/ bucket and 400 lbs of counter weight on the back. We have no hills in Florida!

The b3030 is 1852 lb dry (according to the kobota website) but they don't list the weight of the quick release and bucket. Anybody know the approximate loader weight? And how many gallons of alcohol will the back tires hold?

I'm just wondering if I can pull it safely 2-4 times a year to my hunting grounds 320 miles rt.

Also, anybody have an opinion on buying r4's unloaded vs. turfs loaded and the effects on turf. I'd like the r4's but I like my turf too. Most hours will be spent clipping the lawn.

Thanks.

/ b3030 weight #2  
LA403 = ~500# with the bucket

Figure ~400-500# for rear tire fill (both tires)

I'm running loaded Turfs on my B3030. I had R4s (loaded) and turfs (empty) on my TC18 (1,400#). Turfs are much friendlier to the lawn, especially if your soil (I assume "sandy") is soft. The R4s tore up my lawn. The turfs on the B3030 are plenty strong for loader work (usually where the R4s shine). In Mud the R4s would perform better. R4s also seem to last longer when used on pavement.

/ b3030 weight #3  
skipperbrown said:
Also, anybody have an opinion
WHOA careful now... that's a loaded question! :D

skipperbrown said:
on buying r4's unloaded vs. turfs loaded and the effects on turf. I'd like the r4's but I like my turf too. Most hours will be spent clipping the lawn.Thanks.
Read through the Kubota forum posts over the last few days... both of these have been discussed plenty. I didn't load tires for two reasons: (1) backhoe, which puts a big load on the rear as it is {and Kubota says no-no}, and (2) wanted to keep weight down to avoid soil compaction on the lawn. You will never get a right or wrong answer on loading.