largest Kubota Dealership in the nation

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #1  

broncosfan

Tractor
Tractor Shopping
I guess Springdale tractor in Arkansas is the largest Kubota Dealership in the nation.... or largest volume dealer in the nation.... or something to that effect. Is there a benefit to buying at a large dealer like this as opposed to your local dealer down the road? Can a local dealer refuse your warranty work if you bought from someplace else? Deere can according to one thread I read.

Last, if anyone has dealt with Springdale tractor how was your experience? Thanks in advance.

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #2  
Attached is a copy of Kubota's answer to the thread below. I can't really believe a company can say it and put it in writing. :)
The Gotcha Man

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 2,048
   / largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #3  
John Deere dealers cannot refuse service. I know this first hand. A guy who works for me had one that he moved with him when he re-located from another state. The local dealer refused to do warranty service for him. He got in touch with JD and managed to get to the local rep. The next day the offending dealer called him, offered to come get the tractor, fix it and deliver it back to him (about 30 minutes each way). I'm speculating, but it seems the rep had a little chat with our local green dealer.

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #4  
I hope this thread doesn't go south. I bought from my local dealer, and if I have a problem I HOPE I get priority over someone who bought cheap a long ways away. Service costs money, even if I don't pay anything for it. It costs the dealer time and money to answer my questions, manage my service, and all the other things that support the things I DO pay for. To me it is a package - I may have paid more than if I'd bought far away but I know if I have a problem it's a local call and they take care of me right away. That's worth something to me.

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #5  
n8wrl said:
I hope this thread doesn't go south. I bought from my local dealer, and if I have a problem I HOPE I get priority over someone who bought cheap a long ways away. Service costs money, even if I don't pay anything for it. It costs the dealer time and money to answer my questions, manage my service, and all the other things that support the things I DO pay for. To me it is a package - I may have paid more than if I'd bought far away but I know if I have a problem it's a local call and they take care of me right away. That's worth something to me.

I agree with you. I would expect the local dealer to take care of his customers first.

As for the original post.... in theory a large volume dealer could sell cheaper than a small dealer that doesn't move as much product. But just like some of these guys have pointed out... there are benefits from buying local... even if the price isn't quite as good.

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #6  
John Deere dealers cannot refuse service.
I had no less than 3 refuse to service my 1month old boxstore purchased JDL130 under warranty. And the one that held the contract to setup & service these machines for HD put me on the lowest of low priorities. Ended up I found a certified Kohler repair shop to fix the engine problem.

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #7  
Volfandt said:
I had no less than 3 refuse to service my 1month old boxstore purchased JDL130 under warranty. And the one that held the contract to setup & service these machines for HD put me on the lowest of low priorities. Ended up I found a certified Kohler repair shop to fix the engine problem.

Can't speak directly on the box store lawn mowers. Sorry if I confused the issue. The tractor I was referring to was a standard compact 28 HP 4210.

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation
Deere dealers have refused service to folks. In that other tractor forum I can't mention the quote is below.

Back on topic....Gotcha thanks for that scan, I really appreciate it. It would not be fun getting bumped for service. I have read other posts of homeowner CUT guys getting bumped over professional farmers at dealers even tho they were first. I guess if I buy far away I could get bumped by a fulltime farmer then a second time from an original dealer customer. You are right there are definite advantages buying locally. But other Kubota folks have said they never needed their dealer after a purchase. maybe the 50 hour service is all. So it's a double edge sword isn't it. Do I go to largest Kubota Dealership in the nation to save money or stay close in hopes of getting better dealer service?

from user: BigD in Kentucky. Thread title "we have a problem" posted: 06-26-2007, 06:59 PM

quote: "The dealer where I purchased the 2320 is 55 miles from where we live. There is a dealer 4 miles away, but when I took a JD 118 lawn tractor to them after we moved they refused to work on it saying we didn't buy it from them so take it back to the selling dealer. I explained we had moved, but they didn't seem to care. Calling JD customer number, I was told each dealer is independently owned and they couldn't do anything about it.

So I took the 118 back to original JD store, and they fixed it. Then I bought by 2320 from them with the understanding I was too far away from them to just hop over whenever I had a problem. Looks like I am flying home this Saturday for 3 days and maybe I can figure it out. The bright side is Kentucky hasn't gotten much rain and the grass growth has slowed down to next to nothing except for the weeds!
"

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #9  
Sounds like another lawn tractor to me. Maybe it doesn't apply to the lawn tractor lines.

/ largest Kubota Dealership in the nation #10  
broncosfan said:
I guess Springdale tractor in Arkansas is the largest Kubota Dealership in the nation.... or largest volume dealer in the nation.... or something to that effect. Is there a benefit to buying at a large dealer like this as opposed to your local dealer down the road? Can a local dealer refuse your warranty work if you bought from someplace else? Deere can according to one thread I read.

Last, if anyone has dealt with Springdale tractor how was your experience? Thanks in advance.

Who told you they are the "largest" Kubota dealership in the nation. Their website is about as amateur as you can get and they mention they are "The number one dealership" but other then that nothing indicates they move or stock inventory to any great extent. I found a hole in the wall Kubota dealer here as competitve as any of the so called "one of the largest Kubota dealers in the nation" which is claimed by more then one.