Help with tractor choice

/ Help with tractor choice #11  
Ok Tres, I'll bite...

<font color=blue>the BX is by far---far and away--hands down and with no comparison----a much better lawnmower </font color=blue>....it's nice to hear you admit finally that the BX is actually a lawnmower /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

....obviously I'm kidding here, but I just had to say it! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I actually haven't used by 2410 to mow lawn with yet. I seeded last fall and it was still to sparse to bother before winter. With any luck I'll have an informed opinion on the mowing capability of the 2410 some time later this spring.

Kevin

/ Help with tractor choice #12  
TresCrows typed:
"... the BX is by far---far and away--hands down and with no comparison----a much better lawnmower than the 7500 or 2410 could ever wish to be".

I, for one, would be very interested in having you expand on that statement. Why would you say the BX superior?
Thanks,
Moon

/ Help with tractor choice #13  
Moon, I am not sure I understand your question. Why do I say the BX is superior to the 2410 as pertaining to mowing. Dude!!!!, it is very easy to say that because it is a fact. I have both a BX and a 2410 and while I have not mowed extensively with it yet I have tried out the MMM. It is a step back, a pretty big step back, in 1. ease of operation and adjustment, 2. it is more diffucult to remove and install (that is a fact--I got both and my skinny arms and poor back are an excellent diffuculty meter), 3. the BX MMM is of a superior design, is balanced and fully suspended with anti scalp rollers unlike the ground contact 2410 MMM 4. the BX 60 inch MMM has a superior finish cut that is evident when they are used side by side and in fact when I ran both tractors through an area of dried grass and stubble and broam with alfalfa, the BX cut through easily leaving a nice looking cut while the 2410 60 inch MMM clogged up leaving clumps of cuttings and when it clogged up the engine would drag a bit! 5. The BX is more manuverable, turns tighter regardless of what the brochure says, does not tear up the lawn, trims in closer and can manuver in tight places better and 6. it is more stable on slopes. 7. the BX MMM height can be controlled from the seat via a simple height control knob whereas the 2410 you have to set the height on oodles of ground dragging wheels with a wrench and the BX deck lifts up and then stows in a lock poition with the flick of the wrist whereas the 2410 one must get of, find all the pins and clips and then wrestle the heavy thing into the lock postion and then get the pins stuck in it before you drop one into the grass and loose it forever. 8. Did I mention how the heavier 2410 will tear the lawn and rut it up or how the MMM wheels drag into the ground and leave mini furrows--well I just did.
Sorry if this is upsetting news but there you have it. That is why I can easily and with no regrets say--the BX is better at mowing than the B2410, B7500 etc and since many purchasers use their small tractor for probably 90 percent mowing that leaves the BX as number 1, ONE.
J

/ Help with tractor choice #14  
Thanks Tres! I appriciate your answer and detailed description. Exactly what I was hoping for! Rookies like me looking to buy real soon can learn alot from comparisons like that.
Thanks Again,
Moon
ps. sorry if it was a rather dumb question.

/ Help with tractor choice #15  
No problem Moon, I just was not sure exactly what you were asking so I am glad I was able to help you. I love my new 2410, don't get me wrong, but I still love the BX also for the reasons i liked it to start with are still valid.
Hey, King Kutter is releasing it's new so called XB (BX bacvkwards) implements which include a very nice double wheel 48 inch brush cutter and some other neat stuff sized especially for the BX. For cutting a souther briar patch I would still stay with the KK 40 inch cutter but for general cutting the XB KK 48 inch rotary cutter looks like a great unit. They got'em at Atwoods, yehah!!!!!!, there is also a 3 point finish mower, a gang disc and a boxblade and yard rake and a middle buster and a 5 foot rear blade!!!!!!!
J

Attachments

• 1-116224-Kkxb.jpg
    1-116224-Kkxb.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 73
   / Help with tractor choice #16  
Hey, I use Tres to get tips on stuff for my JD 4100 too., He really tends to provide valueable info a great deal of the time, but then there are the Deere Jokes, but then again, I do the "Bota" Joke thing on occassion.

Tres, I am still debating on whtehr I will get a 60" or 54" deck, the pricing is now a little closer at one particular dealer in the NE.