L3240 hst purchase

/ L3240 hst purchase #1  

rockstar

Hey everone
Heres the situation.I've been a new holland guy all my life.So when I decieded to look around for a new tractor, I called my dealer and he qouted me 21500 for a nh tc34da with bucket and 1 rear remote.I thought it was little high, so I went onto kubotas web site. I speced out the L3240 and from what I gather, it looks like solid tractor. So I called a dealer and he quoted me $19779 for that model 514 loader and ind. tires 1 remote .
So my ? is, what do u guys think about that model.One thing I noticed is that theirs a frame mount that runs underneath the tractor. So I'm thinking that their might not be enough clearance. I;m kind of worried that it might catch on a ditch or something similar.
Please grace me with your comments and knowlege.
thanks

/ L3240 hst purchase #2  
Your best bet is to go drive it. Maybe even measure ground-clearance yourself to see if you think it'll matter. I'm not familiar with NH model numbers, so make sure you're comparing apples to apples - gearing, HST, 4WD/2WD, etc. You might also consider a bigger loader if one is available, and quick-attach. All of which drive the price up.

-Brian

/ L3240 hst purchase #3  
If you do go down the Kubota route I would suggest you do two things:

1. Get the 724 loader. Threre is no excuse not to. WAY more loader for very little extra money.

2. Consider the few extra HP the GL 3540 adds over the GL3240. Now I have no clue about your needs but more HP in the same frame is only going to be a good idea.

Definately go and drive them both - along with the rest of the competition in that range - JD, Kioti etc. 35HP or so is a pretty competitive spot. Lots of brands make nice machines in this range.

If you are very happy with your NH dealer, make sure you get a good feel for the Kubota dealers in your area. Ask around on the specific dealers you are dealing with. Would suck to move from a great dealer to a not so great one - so bear this in mind with the over all equation.

/ L3240 hst purchase
Thank you gentlemen for your comments..
I did get a chance to look at and test drive a L3250.All I can say is nice tractor. But I decieded to pull the trigger and buy a NH TC34DA with loader.
What a great tractor. The only reason I decieded to get a NH was because of the clearance from the groud to that bar that runs the length of the tractor.I certainly dont want to "hindge" the tractor.
Although it was more money, I have full confidance in NH.
Thank you guys again